How to set up time restrictions on Archer C7

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2017-01-03 02:02:28
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hello. Does anyone have a quick step guide on how to do this? I simply want to block my kids from using the internet from say 10pm - 6pm. Do I really need to set up a Rule, Host, Target and a time schedule?

there' got to be an easy way to do this, but I've not found any documentation on how. And the instruction\text in the web app is generic.

And in the Parental control section, it asks for websites to block. I don't want to block specific websites, I just want to shut down access to all at specific days and times.

Please advise.
Options
4 Reply
Re:How to set up time restrictions on Archer C7
2017-01-03 09:26:18
Hi, maybe it's little complex to setup Access Control. Let me show you.
In Access Control - Host, click Add New, then select IP address mode, input your children's IP address, description is random.
In Access Control - Target, click Add New, then select IP address mode, input IP address 0.0.0.0 to 0.0.0.0, port 1 - 65535. It means block anything.
In Access Control - Schedule, click Add New, setup the time schedule you want to block.
In Access Control - Rule, enable access control function and choose DENY, then Add New, choose Host, Target, Schedule you have setup before and enable it. Finish.
Options
2017-01-03 14:17:12
Hi. I got it and thank makes sense. Thanks for the quick response and instructions.

But as IP address will change, (DHCP) can I do this with MAC addresses instead of an IP address? And if so, how does that affect the IP range you listed in the Target instructions? When I choose MAC, (in the Host settings) I only have domain and IP address in the Target instructions.
Options
2017-01-04 11:29:56
In Host setting, you could also choose MAC address of your children's PC.
In Target , 0.0.0.0-0.0.0.0 means you block Internet connection totally and it's no need to change even if you choose MAC address mode in Host setting. There are independent.
Options
2017-01-26 08:38:01

smos wrote

In Host setting, you could also choose MAC address of your children's PC.In Target , 0.0.0.0-0.0.0.0 means you block Internet connection totally and it's no need to change even if you choose MAC address mode in Host setting. There are independent.
Thanks! I had the same question and this will be very helpful!!
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1262

Replies: 4