Archer C7 router crashed by Dell laptop with Killer adapter

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Archer C7 router crashed by Dell laptop with Killer adapter

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
155 Reply
Re:Archer C7 router crashed by Dell laptop with Killer adapter
2017-02-16 21:38:16

tplink wrote

Just try to connect your laptop only to 2.4GHz or 5GHz network, and check if this issue happens on the both two frequencies.

It happens on each of the frequencies individually. I typically connect to only the 5GHz network and continue to use only that network until it crashes. Typically the 2.4Ghz network continues to work and does not seem to be influenced by the 5GHz network going down. I then use the 2.4GHz network until it crashes, too (usually not very long). Then I go unplug the router and plug it back in and start over.
Options
2017-02-17 18:07:02
I too am having the same issue with my an MSI laptop that has killer wifi card, I've tried to flash the beta firmware but it is not accepted, router details are;

Firmware Version: 1.7.0 0.9.1 v0051.0 Build 160322 Rel.56836n
Hardware Version: Archer D7 v1 00000002

Is there a new Beta firmware for people on firmware 1.7?
Options
2017-02-18 21:58:18
5-10 minutes of Google Hangouts is enough to kill the internet even with the new firmware. I'm still amazingly amazingly frustrated and underwhelmed with the whole tp-link fiasco...
Options
2017-02-20 02:15:19
I just bought the router 2 weeks ago and was wondering why the 5g and internet connection itself kept on dropping. Thank god I googled it and it turns out that my new laptop has this exact same wifi chipset. It really is a killer I guess, kills the router. LOL. Trying the new firmware out hope it fixes it.
Options
2017-02-20 11:31:51

myTP-LINKusername wrote

5-10 minutes of Google Hangouts is enough to kill the internet even with the new firmware. I'm still amazingly amazingly frustrated and underwhelmed with the whole tp-link fiasco...

Recommended to contact tplink support for more troubleshooting.
http://ticket.tp-link.com
Options
2017-02-21 23:11:24

lenovo_user wrote

Just installed the V2 EU patch (ArcherC7v2_en_eu_up.zip) and so far so good. My son's Lenovo Yoga 11IKB also contains the Qualcomm Atheros QCA61x4A adapter (latest driver from lenovo: 12.0.0.278) and before the router update it would bring down the router after about 5 secs.

One thing that threw me for awhile: when upgrading the firmware the router does not reboot, I waited 10 minutes with the green progress bar stuck at 100% before I logged on in another browser tab and found out the update (and presumably the reboot) had already happened. The new background is hideous but guess what, it now works and that's all that counts. Thanks tp-link for solving this!

An update: my son's Lenovo laptop connects to the 2.4 GHz band and the connection is stable, but no connection can be made using the 5GHz band. And now my employer has provided me with a bright new Dell XPS including the infamous Killer WIFI that shows exactly the same behaviour: stable connection at 2.4 GHz, no connection at 5GHz. On both laptops the 5GHz network is listed as available but connection fails.
Options
2017-03-07 05:51:27
Just wanted to report that I started having dropped connection/router problems similar to some other posters in this forum, which started after I purchased a Lenovo Yoga 710 with the Qualcomm Atheros QCA61x4A Wireless Network Adapter. The problems seem to have been resolved since I installed the beta firmware.
Options
Firmware Update Question
2017-03-08 23:39:14
How will we know when this bug fix is incorporated into the stable firmware?
Options
2017-03-10 02:57:23
I have Acer Swift 3 with Qualcomm Atheros QCA61x4A. I am running the beta for 7 days already and I don't find any issues. Before with the official version I got the problem and had to reboot the router every hour. So, my question is, when this will become official firmware?
Thank you!
Options
also problems
2017-03-14 22:44:06
Hi to all!
I'm very glad that I have hade found this post! I also encounter to SAME problems that everyone has: when I try to connect to archer C7 v2 with my MSI GS60 6qe (Killer network wifi card) first of all the 5ghz network disappears, secondly none of the devices can connect to the 2.4ghz network. Lastly: system light is turned either on or off. The only solution is resetting the router. The problem repeats itself in a matter of seconds after reset if my notebook is turned on. Somehow it seems that our wifi works longer if I connect to 5ghz network rather than 2.4ghz one. Funny thing is that router is relatively new in our house and that it work flawlessly on stock software for some time (I don't remember stock firmware but I do have a backup of settings somewhere). It's most lightly that problems started when I installed the latest firmware: Archer_C7(EU)_V2_160616 ~3 weeks ago but at first, there weren't any such problems--at least I didn't encounter them(?). I didn't manually update drivers on my notebook with killer network but maybe windows update did it automatically somehow...

I will let you know if and how did I manage to fix the problem. At the moment I'm studying in another city so I will troubleshoot home network at weekend.

Best luck to all!
Options
Related Articles