Archer C5 unstable 2.5ghz connection.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2017-01-05 01:39:59
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Model : Archer C5
Hardware Version : V2
Firmware Version :Archer C5_V2_160201_US

My problem with this router is with the 2.5ghz connection. The router requires a restart about every week because the 2.5gh connection will slowly downgrade overtime to the point where it takes multiple tries to reload a website on WiFi. When suffering intermittent connection on WiFi. I noticed that the speeds slows down to a crawl. Doing a speed test my speeds were 0.5Mbps-0.7Mbps for both upload and download. Doing a simple restart temporarily resolves the problem. However this shouldn't be a thing.

I have tried every possible troubleshooting method. I factory reset the router. Downgraded to older firmware and still suffer the problem. Tried disabling NAT boost etc.
Options
6 Reply
Re:Archer C5 unstable 2.5ghz connection.
2017-01-07 13:55:18
There are many threads about this 2.5 ghz problem on this forum, amazon reviews, etc. I have found no solution with my Archer C5
Options
2017-01-13 20:29:31
Are you experiencing this primarily on one or many devices?
Options
2017-01-14 01:49:35

hoooverman wrote

Are you experiencing this primarily on one or many devices?

It happens to all wireless devices. (I have 4 wireless devices) When I run speedtests on my phone. I noticed that both the upload and download speeds are less than 1Mbps. And when I try to use my laptop it can't establish an internet connection at all. It's not a problem with the signal or LAN. But a problem with the wireless connection. One quick restart fixes everything and I start receiving full speeds and a normal internet connection. However a few days later it starts acting up again. I looked on Amazon and saw that other people are also having similar issues.
Options
2017-01-14 20:48:03
I have problems with my 2.4GHz Wifi slowing down when i have Bluetooth switched on on my iPhone - to the point i just keep it turned off now at home. 5GHz doesn't seem to be affected, it's just the reach isn't as far. Do you have Bluetooth switched on? If so, worth switching it off and testing to see if it makes any difference. I thought it might have just been an iPhone issue but according to Google, it seems this is a common issue affecting many devices (including computers, not just phones.)

Worth a go?
Options
2017-01-31 00:16:51
I finally figured out the problem. The Archer C5 v2 has a bug in which it can get stuck on a bad wireless channel. And because the router doesn't auto adjust to a better channel. The wireless connection degrades overtime.

For me when I power cycled the router. My router started on Channel 1. And then after a few minutes got stuck on Channel 11 and wouldn't change channels no matter how many times I rebooted the router.. And from there the more devices that connected to the router. The more the wireless connection degraded. And to temporarily fix this problem. I had to change the wireless setting from auto and manually switch to another channel. (I switched to Channel 6). After switching channels the wireless connection started working fine for all devices again.

Is there a way I can report this bug to TP-Link?
Options
2020-03-29 09:12:09
Thanks. It's helpful.
Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 2495

Replies: 6

Related Articles