C9 Archer1900 unable to use USB drive for Win7 Backup or is it possible? Chat support says no.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

C9 Archer1900 unable to use USB drive for Win7 Backup or is it possible? Chat support says no.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2017-01-07 00:28:34
Model : Archer C9

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version : V3.17

ISP :

Does anyone have a solution to doing PC backups using USB HDD attached to the C9 wireless router? I can see the Archer C9 in the Network Infrastructure page on the PC but not the attached USB drive and Im unable to connect to it using Win7 backup utility. When I open and look at the "Computer" and see libraries, Favorites, Libraries, Homegroup, Computer, and Network, I can see the NAS router connected under the Network Location and under the heading "Computer". I double click on the NAS router connected and it says I dont have permissions.
I have a feeling its a simple solution but after doggedly trying everything Im becoming very frustrated and ready to put the router on the burn pile outside!

I finally used TPLINK chat feature and was informed that no TPLINK routers support using USB as a backup location. Is this true or has anyone been able to configure a confure a USB HDD attached to the router to work as a back up for Win7 Backup and Restore?
Options
1 Reply
Re:C9 Archer1900 unable to use USB drive for Win7 Backup or is it possible? Chat support says no.
2017-01-07 16:29:38
Never do this before.
What kind of file system format your HDD is?
Did you do some authenticated settings with your HDD or in the router?
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 457

Replies: 1