Archer C9

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Archer C9

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Archer C9
Archer C9
2017-01-08 08:16:08
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Previously, I had trouble getting my PC to recognize my C9. I called support and they had the problem fixed in about 10 minutes. He said that the PC was reading the old wi fi system. About a week ago I had trouble with the internet and when I got back online my computer no recognized my C9. Previously the person in support had me unplug something for 5 minutes to allow the computer to search for the wifi, not find it and reset, but I'll be darned if I can remember exactly what to do. Can anyone help me with this? It's frustrating to have wifi and not be able to use it:p.
Options
10 Reply
Re:Archer C9
2017-01-08 11:53:19
Firstly, what's the operating system on your PC? When you mentioning "recognize my C9", do you mean finding & connecting to the wifi of C9?
When you had trouble with internet, what about other devices such as a smartphone that connected to wifi of C9?
It will be appreciated if you can post the model number of your front-end modem. And I think the support guy just told you to unplug the cable of modem.
Options
2017-01-08 23:55:53
Yes, when I say it's not recognizing the C9 I do mean it's not connecting to it. I have windows 10 on my HP computer, and the modem is a Ubee model number DDM352 that came with the Time Warner internet subscription. Originally the support guy from Archer told me that because the computer was originally connected to a different wifi before I moved that it kept trying to find that one and not 'seeing' the TP-Link. He did have me disconnect one of the wires for 5 minutes, then had me plug back in, turn on the wifi, push and hold the wifi button on the side for x amount of time, then all the lights lit up and it worked. It was like magic lol! Unfortunately I didn't write down the exact steps so can't remember exactly what I did to see if that will help or not. I haven't had any trouble with it since then. Before we go much further you need to know that I am obviously not great with understanding tech lingo and how this stuff works:eek:, so I hope you have patience.My cell phone reads that the TP-link is not in range, but had been connected prior to the problem.
Options
2017-01-09 11:22:47
So your exact problem is that the computer and the cell phone is not 'seeing' the wifi name of C9 after a period of normal usage (connected before)?
Options
2017-01-10 11:30:15
My exact problem is that I cannot get the wifi to work on my computer after a disruption of service of unknown reasons from my internet provider. I have tried restarting the computer, I have disconnected and reconnected the power, I have tried disconnecting the router and reconnecting it, and disconnecting the power cord from the router and reconnecting it, I have tried resetting the WPS button in the back, I have tried pushing the wifi button on the side. I have ended up disconnecting the TP-LINK and just using the router, which means I have no wifi, no laptop, and it is useless for my phone (which was connected prior, as was my laptop). I called my internet provider who could not help me with connecting a wifi that isn't provided by them, and they told me to contact you. My local area connection is network 6 realtek PCle FE family controller. I have plugged everything in (correctly) and gone to device manager, network adapters, and the TP-LINK is not listed, nor is any wifi wireless showing up. The only lights lit up on the TP-LINK are the power light, the next two are unlit, the next is lit and the next is red, the rest are unlit. I have only had the wifi unit since late September 2016, and right now I'm not overly happy with it. The only thing I can find for a model number is a model name - DDM352 or a part number DDM352.1. :(
Options
2017-01-10 13:48:30
1. Firstly, I think you have mistakenly turned off the wifi on your Archer C9. Please press the WiFi button for two seconds to restore it. After you successfully restore, the second and third lights will be solid blue.
2. The fifth led light stands for the Internet. It's red indicating that you have no internet on the router. In this case, please connect your computer to the wifi or wired to the LAN ports of the router, then login the admin page of the router via http://tplinkwifi.net (username and password are both admin by default if you didn't change them). Then refer to Advanced -> Status, and post a screenshot of the internet status here.
3. In addition, what's your internet connection type? Dynamic IP or PPPoE? If it's Dynamic IP, then when you fail to get internet, please connect your computer directly to the front-end modem via an Ethernet cable. If your computer cannot get internet when directly wired to the modem, then it seems an ISP issue.
Options
2017-01-11 04:55:10
I have been using only the router for the internet access to get online, which is how I am communicating to you, the router is working. I have the high speed internet from Time Warner. The second and third lights are now on, but when I leave it connected I still have no internet connection. I did as you suggested and the following is the screenshot...

I wasn't sure if you needed the whole page so I did two.
Options
2017-01-11 20:38:05
It's recommended to do a MAC clone on the router.
Please login the admin page of the router, then refer to Advanced -> Network -> WAN, click MAC clone to clone the MAC address of your connected computer.
Then click save and reboot the router. Check again if this issue still exists.
Options
2017-01-13 05:15:26
I attempted to log in to the admin page by clicking the tplinkwifi.net address that you posted and it states that my wifi is not connected to my tp link network. Yes, I did connect it to the router before I attempted to go on the site. So I cannot do as you suggested. Honestly, I'm pretty disappointed/dejected with all of this considering the cost of the thing. It seems that there should be an easier way to get help with a months old product. Please let me know what I should do next.
Options
2017-01-13 09:26:37

Knabber wrote

I attempted to log in to the admin page by clicking the tplinkwifi.net address that you posted and it states that my wifi is not connected to my tp link network. Yes, I did connect it to the router before I attempted to go on the site. So I cannot do as you suggested. Honestly, I'm pretty disappointed/dejected with all of this considering the cost of the thing. It seems that there should be an easier way to get help with a months old product. Please let me know what I should do next.

Please try to login with the management IP 192.168.0.1.
If it still doesn't take effect, you need to check if your laptop has obtained an ip address from the router.
Options
2017-01-14 10:53:42
I cannot log in with the Management IP either. I checked - settings/ internet, on my PC (I'm trying to hook the wifi up to a PC so I can use my laptop via wireless) and I see nothing with wifi anything anywhere. So does that mean that my computer isn't reading the wifi, which was my original question, and if so how do I remedy that???
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1142

Replies: 10

Related Articles