Parental Control doesn't work

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Parental Control doesn't work

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
33 Reply
Re:Parental Control doesn't work
2021-01-23 20:46:11

Jan 23 2021 and issue still persists.  Very dissapointing.  I had a old tp link and it wasn't working and I thought maybe it was just too old, ok so I go get a new AC4000 and yeah same damn thing.  For the haters posting BS about teaching kids blah blah blah, this is a selling feature that we pay for and should be working.  New router otherwise does seem better than the old one so I will keep it.  Time to go old school so I setup another AP specifically for the kids and put it on a remote control switch.  Easy on and off whenever I like now, no thanks to TPlink.    

Options
The problem with Parental controls
2021-08-15 13:57:07

@Duff Thanks! They do in fact have the labels reversed for access denied and access allowed.

Options
Re:Parental Control doesn't work
2021-08-27 14:04:37 - last edited 2021-08-29 10:32:12

It seems like we need some fast-fixed updates there. Or little kids will start watching awful stuff. Maybe you don't even need updates. Try to restart and reboot the router. If it still doesn't work after that, it could be beneficial if you contact the admins there. Your situation is more straightforward because you got some little children there. But I have a seventeen years old boy who has https://www.familyorbit.com/blog/child-phone-tracker/ on his phone.

Options