How to Setup Archer C7 AC1750 Bridged With Arris DG1670a on Time Warner Cable

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2017-01-10 07:59:08
Model : Archer C7

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version : 3.15.1 Build 160719 Rel.57530n

ISP : Time Warner Cable

I currently have the Arris DG1670a for my modem and my root router. I want to connect my Archer C7 wirelessly to the Arris so that I can have access the network from the backyard. I also have an AT&T Mircocell tower hooked up to the Arris router to provide cell service via my internet connection due to no cell service in my area.

I followed the instructions on this site https://awesometoast.com/archer-c9/ and was able to connect my Archer to the Arris using the 5G band and enabling WDS bridging. On the Archer status screen the WDS Status reads: RUN. So this appears that the connection is made, but when I try to connect to the Archer with any device I can connect but I get no internet access?

I'm wondering if there is something I need to change on the Arris to get the internet flowing. I setup the same equipment at a different house using an Ethernet cable instead of trying to do it wirelessly and it works great.

Thanks for any help!!
Options
1 Reply
Re:How to Setup Archer C7 AC1750 Bridged With Arris DG1670a on Time Warner Cable
2017-01-10 19:05:19
The link you share is a method to configure the router as a wired AP, not a wireless one.
Please follow the FAQ link here to re-configure your C7.
http://www.tp-link.com/en/faq-440.html

And pay attention to several tips:
1. When you try to change the LAN IP address of the router, please make sure that the IP address must be available and hasn't been assigned to other devices connected to the main router;
2. Please pay attention to the subnet. The default subnet of the router is 255.255.255.0, and you need to make sure you have the same subnet as LAN settings on the main router.
3. Make a ping test after setup.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1470

Replies: 1