trying to set up TL-WR941ND as WDS bridge

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2017-01-20 09:09:13
Model : TL-WR941ND

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version : 3.13.9 Build 120201 Rel.54965n

ISP :

WR941N v2/v3 00000000

hello, i'm attempting to set up my TL-WR941ND to extend my current wifi network (i have a two-story house and my main router is on the top floor, so the signal on the ground floor is very weak). i am a complete newbie at any of this (and by complete i mean COMPLETE - the extent of my knowledge of wifi networks is just knowing how to connect to one that's already set up).

i followed the steps in this FAQ:
http://www.tp-link.de/article/?faqid=440 (up until the last step... i'm not entirely sure why i need to ping my root router rather than the extender?). now that i'm done, i see my second SSID, but i can't connect to it. tried on two laptops but it either stays on "checking network requirements" until it finally clocks out, or it connects but says "no internet." i also tried to connect on my phone, and either it stays on "obtaining IP address" until it clocks out, or a message pops up telling me "AP currently not in use. internet connection slow."

needless to say, i'm at a loss as to what to do now.
i'd appreciate any help, although you may need to explain things like i'm a five-year-old in order to get me to understand.
Options
1 Reply
Re:trying to set up TL-WR941ND as WDS bridge
2017-01-22 18:03:13
TL-WR941ND to extend my current wifi network

WR941ND doesn't have the repeater mode. From my experience WDS doesn't support another brand of routers very well. What is your main router?
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1306

Replies: 1