DDNS ERROR Authority failed

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2017-01-21 05:18:47
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

I am looking at my system log and I have this DDNS ERROR Authority failed happening every half second. This is either something really stupid that I overlooked or something new because I can't find much about it through Googling or searching in this forum.
I had previously set up the router to use my no-ip.com account for DDNS but I have logged out of that account and disabled DDNS.
I just updated the firmware today but this problem was happening for quite some time as indicated by the logs which I forgot to make a backup of before I cleared them. Not like there was anything useful in the logs anyway, all that was showing was this error at a rate of two every second.

Firmware Version: 3.17.1 Build 20160201 Rel. 61368
Hardware Version: ArcherC5 v2
Options
3 Reply
Re:DDNS ERROR Authority failed
2017-05-01 14:52:40
It is happening with my device too. Checked all the settings, disabled DDNS, the firmware is up to date, yet I am getting these weird error logs very frequently.:mad:
Options
2017-07-12 03:36:57
Captain here, there is a UX issue in the TP-Link UI that probably is causing your troubles. Go to your 192.168.0.1, log in and check the Dynamic DNS section. Under Service Provider, select all the other options one by one and make sure none of them is Enabled and Logged in. Log out of every single one and save (save each time to be safe). At this stage if you check your log you will not get any more DDNS error messages.

Then log in to just no-ip.com or whatever service you are using from that drop down. Assuming your other settings are fine, like Forwarding > [your entry]'s Status is set to Enabled, you have a IP & MAC Binding entry as well, your IP and MAC are entered correctly, then everything should work once more.

PS: How come the TP-Link Forums are not SSL/HTTPS enabled? How ironic, because the routers are not among the most unsecure ones on the market. :)
Options
2017-07-18 05:20:11
Thanks for the tip, it solved the problem!
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1394

Replies: 3