Archer C5/AC1200 Connection/Setup Issues

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2017-01-21 14:45:09
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Model : Archer C5

Hardware Version : ArcherC5 v2

Firmware Version : 3.17.1 Build 20160201 Rel. 61368

ISP : Xfinity

Hello all,

Recently bought an Archer C5/AC1200 router as an upgrade and I'm having issues connecting any of my devices. I originally set it up about 24 hours ago and after a little tinkering with the Quick Installation Guide steps, I got everything up and running. I tested all of the devices that would be used on the wireless and everything worked very well.

I returned home from work today and found out that none of my devices could connect to either the 2.4 GHz or 5Ghz bands. I tried powercycling the router, the modem (Motorola Surfboard SB6141), and all of my devices and factory resetting the router to no avail. After talking with TP-Link support on the phone, I found I had the older firmware (20150908). I updated the firmware, rebooted everything again, and still nothing. TP support had me change the channel and the channel width on the 2.4GHz band with no results. I've been able to access the tp-link configuration site only through a wired connection and I've been able to use the internet directly through my laptop so I know I'm still getting internet from my ISP. I've been able to connect my smartphone to the 5GHz band since all of this, but it is very spotty and that's the only device I've gotten to work wirelessly.

My devices include two laptops, two cell phones, a PS4, a Google Chromecast, Amazon Fire Stick, and a Samsung Smart TV. All of these devices were working wirelessly with the initial setup and with my old router.

If anyone has any advice, it would be much appreciated.Thanks!
Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 1123

Replies: 0

Related Articles