AC 1750 doesn't see internet

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2017-01-21 22:39:14
Model : Archer C7

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version : Latest (160719)

ISP : Comcast

Archer AC 1750 (C7), V2, latest firmware, new
Arris Surfboard 1641, new
Windows 10
Comcast

This is the exact same setup I have in a different location. I even used the same config file for the router.
The cable modem works; all lights light up properly, and I can get internet through a direct ethernet connection (laptop-modem).
The router worked fine for about a week. Now, all lights light up (including internet), but I don't actually have an internet connection - whether by wireless or ethernet (laptop-router).

On occasion, I also can't connect to the routers admin panel, even by ethernet cable. When I can, all settings look fine, but a diagnostic ping doesn't reach anything. No IP address is assigned under 'Status'

I'm not clear whether some setting is wrong, or the router has a problem. (On a separate note, I'm irked that a brand-new router is v2, long after v3 came out). What can I check, or should I return and replace?

Note that I bought this because two other C7s have worked beautifully for me elsewhere.
Options
5 Reply
Re:AC 1750 doesn't see internet
2017-01-21 23:49:43
I've found that I can fix this by restoring factory defaults, reloading the config file, and turning the modem on and off. The rest of the time, there's no wireless, no internet, and I can't even get to the admin panel unless the router is connected to the modem.

This is very frustrating. It seems the resetting only lasts for a day or two, and them I'm forced to reset everything again.

What should I look at?
Options
2017-01-24 11:42:26
Have you tried to replace the other two Archer C7 which worked well at your home instead of the current one?
Need to confirm whether it's a compatibility issue or the C7 is just a faulty one.
Options
2017-01-25 09:21:20
Unfortunately, the other two are across the country. However, I may have found a solution in the AC1750/Killer wireless adapter incompatibility mentioned in another thread. So far, not using my Dell XPS13 on the network seems to have solved the problem. (Or it's just temperamental.)
Options
2017-01-25 09:27:32
If the Dell XPS 13 laptop could truly crashes your wifi network from the router, then it's recommended to try the beta firmware (solution) listed in that thread.
Because the later official firmware release will inherit the changes of the beta firmware.
Options
2017-01-25 09:30:02
Thanks. For the moment, I'm able to use another network for the Dell, so I'll wait for the official release.
Options