Archer C7 V2 No Internet Cannot Obtain IP Address from Cable Modem

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2017-01-31 12:58:44
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

I recently purchased the Archer C7 V2 with the latest firmware version. I purchased because I have several wireless devices. I have a cableModem with Optimum providing my internet and phone service. After about a week the Archer C7 cannot connect to the internet because it loses the IP address from cable modem. The IP address is under WAN in the status but can't connect to internet. If I try to obtain a new address it will zero out the IP addresses and cannot get a new one from the cable modem. The only way to get internet service is to shutdown the cable modem and wireless router all together. Once this comes back up it will get an address but my internet may work for a fewMinutes or a few hours and the problem comes back. I thought it was a faulty router and ordered a replacement. I just set it up and the same problem. I need help please. I shut down and connected modem directly to laptop no problems. It is only when wireless router connected to modem. I tried MAC clone and still doesn't work.
Options

Information

Helpful: 2

Views: 1142

Replies: 0

Related Articles