two stage problem

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

two stage problem

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
two stage problem
two stage problem
2017-02-05 03:02:53
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

I have a Archer C-3150 with the latest firmware updates.
Problems: 1. My Charter Internet is unstable, speed varies greatly from 5gbps, to (rarely) 66mbps. I have had Charter trouble shoot it twice now.
2. My wife's Verizon Elypsis 8 tablet and my Motorola Xoom tablet, are very unstable when connected wirelessly to my new C-3150. They stay connected but just don't work very well.
More Info:
I have connected my Linux desktop directly to the Charter modem. I get an average 18-19 mbps when doing this, with lows of 6mbsp, and highs of 60mbsp. The desk machine is very stable on it's normal wired connection to the C-3150, it's just a bit slow.
I have rebooted the Charter Modem, which after the reboot, gave me 60mbps, for a few minutes then dropped to 10-12 mbps while directly connected to it.
I have rebooted the C-3150, which made no difference on the wired connections, and improved the connection speed of the wireless connections slightly for a little while.

Basically my old Lynksys E-4200 router, was doing about the same job as the C-3150. But I think the Elypsis, and the Xoom were more stable. I'm thinking about going back to it.
At this moment in time:
I'm getting 63mbsp on the downlown and 5.5mbps on the upload from my desktop, wired to the C-3150. Very acceptable
And 26.5. mbps download, and 6.1 on the upload with my Xoom connected wireless at 5ghz. (I'm not sure if this is acceptable, It seems a bit slow)

If I got these speeds all the time, I'd probably accept it, from Charter, and the C-3150, unfortunately I don't.
Options
8 Reply
Re:two stage problem
2017-02-05 04:46:52
2hrs Later, I'm getting 13mbps on the wire,
and 8mbps on the wireless.

!FRUSTRATION!

Greyman wrote

Model : C-3150

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

I have a Archer C-3150 with the latest firmware updates.
Problems: 1. My Charter Internet is unstable, speed varies greatly from 5gbps, to (rarely) 66mbps. I have had Charter trouble shoot it twice now.
2. My wife's Verizon Elypsis 8 tablet and my Motorola Xoom tablet, are very unstable when connected wirelessly to my new C-3150. They stay connected but just don't work very well.
More Info:
I have connected my Linux desktop directly to the Charter modem. I get an average 18-19 mbps when doing this, with lows of 6mbsp, and highs of 60mbsp. The desk machine is very stable on it's normal wired connection to the C-3150, it's just a bit slow.
I have rebooted the Charter Modem, which after the reboot, gave me 60mbps, for a few minutes then dropped to 10-12 mbps while directly connected to it.
I have rebooted the C-3150, which made no difference on the wired connections, and improved the connection speed of the wireless connections slightly for a little while.

Basically my old Lynksys E-4200 router, was doing about the same job as the C-3150. But I think the Elypsis, and the Xoom were more stable. I'm thinking about going back to it.
At this moment in time:
I'm getting 63mbsp on the downlown and 5.5mbps on the upload from my desktop, wired to the C-3150. Very acceptable
And 26.5. mbps download, and 6.1 on the upload with my Xoom connected wireless at 5ghz. (I'm not sure if this is acceptable, It seems a bit slow)

If I got these speeds all the time, I'd probably accept it, from Charter, and the C-3150, unfortunately I don't.
Options
2017-02-05 20:48:10
What kind of connection do you have from ISP?
Options
2017-02-06 22:47:18
My internet connection is thru Charter Spectrum, coming in on a coax cable, to a charter provided cable modem, then running enhanced cat 5 to the c-3150.
Options
2017-02-07 01:08:56
Without TP-Link everything is OK? How long cable connecting TP-LINK WAN from ISP modem?
Options
2017-02-08 02:54:44

jimasek wrote

Without TP-Link everything is OK? How long cable connecting TP-LINK WAN from ISP modem?

With the desktop connected directly to the charter modem bypassing Tplink, I average about 19mbps, sometimes much higher, sometimes lower.
As stated about I get similar variation when connected to the Tplink box.
My cable from desktop to Tplink is about 10 ft long, I use a different 6 ft cable when connecting direct to the modem.
Options
2017-02-08 02:59:38
My cable from desktop to Tplink is about 10 ft long,

Is this original cable?
Options
2017-02-08 23:20:21
It is a factory built, verified enhanced cat 5e cable. All of my cables are.
Options
2017-02-09 00:32:11
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 853

Replies: 8