Devices timing out or dropping internet with Archer C5

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2017-02-07 10:28:37
Model : Archer C5 AC1200

Hardware Version : Archer C5 v1 00000000

Firmware Version : 3.14.3 Build 150428 Rel.75843n

ISP : WOW

I have an Archer C5 that I purchased in June 2015 and am having trouble with recently. Everything seemed to work fine up until several days to a week or so ago. I'm not sure what changed. Now it seems to drop connectivity on our devices every 30 secs or minute or so. For whatever reason I notice it most when I'm playing Madden Mobile... probably because the game is pinging its servers every few seconds to save your progress and such. After playing just a small amount of time, the game hangs up and times out. But I've noticed pages taking longer to load on the browsers on me and my wife's phones and other apps hanging up for 20-30 seconds before finally loading their data (like Weather Channel app or Netflix). Netflix is able to stream videos, but sometimes takes longer to load home pages or show-description pages. I don't seem to notice it happening on my iMac and Macbook Pro too much... but it may be happening and recovering quick enough for me to not notice too much change while browsing and other things.

I've rebooted my modem and then hard wired directly to it (it's a Arris Surfboard SB6121) from my iMac via ethernet. When I setup my iMac as a router by "sharing internet" in System Preferences, then connected my phone to the internet THROUGH my iMac, Madden Mobile played seamlessly. Browsing and scrolling through Facebook hard-wired seemed to be flawless as well. So I believe I have ruled out the modem being a problem.

I then rebooted my Archer C5 to factory settings - only changing the ID name - and tried again, with the same results of internet dropping on my phone. I currently have my iMac hardwired to the router and it seems to be browsing the internet without problems. So I think it has something to do with the iPhones and iPad. I have an iPhone 5s, my wife has an iPhone 5c and we own an iPad mini 2.

I've also tried changing the channel on the 2.4G band of the Archer to 11 instead of Auto (which chose channel 6 previously). I also updated the Firmware to the latest release as well.

I'm not sure what else to do at this point. Any help is appreciated. Thanks!
Options
2 Reply
Re:Devices timing out or dropping internet with Archer C5
2017-02-07 11:32:58
I've seemed to notice a few times this evening, my ethernet-wired iMac connected to the router has hung up a couple times loading pages as well. So perhaps it's not just wifi with the Apple devices but a router problem in general.
Options
Re:Devices timing out or dropping internet with Archer C5
2017-02-20 03:57:19
I seem to have the same problems... It seems I've been having these problems since the latest firmware update.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 639

Replies: 2