Archer C9 Won't Open Port

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2017-02-10 05:01:57
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

I'm hoping someone can help.

I'm trying to open a port on my AC1900 so that I can view and IP cam from my phone remotely. I've used the cameras in the past without issue prior to upgrading to this router. I setup a virtual server under port forwarding and even tried 2 different ports that were very far away. No dice. The camera has a reserved IP address in my router and shows up as the correct IP. I can view it from my phone when I'm connected to my home network, but not remotely. Here's a small screen grab of what I'm looking at.

The port cannot be seen as open by any of the internet testing websites available. Any help would be appreciated.
Options
8 Reply
Re:Archer C9 Won't Open Port
2017-02-10 08:53:17
Please make sure you have defined the correct INTERNAL PORT. It must be the port that the IP cam provides for remote access (it's usually 80 by default).
Options
2017-02-10 09:10:57

tplink wrote

Please make sure you have defined the correct INTERNAL PORT. It must be the port that the IP cam provides for remote access (it's usually 80 by default).

When I setup the camera, I did set the internal port correctly. I still can't see it from the outside. The port is closed to outside connections.
Options
2017-02-10 09:26:29

paint wrote

When I setup the camera, I did set the internal port correctly. I still can't see it from the outside. The port is closed to outside connections.

May I know your network map? And what does the port used for? To access the management page of the IP cam via a web browser?
When you setup, you can try to access it on a computer by WAN IP:port.
Please also make sure that the TP-Link router owns a public IP address. If not, you need to open port as well on the front-end device.
Options
2017-02-10 11:39:37
The router is connected to a cable modem. I've had the IP camera connected via wan and LAN with no difference. The port I'm trying to open is so I can view the camera feed. And yes, the router does have its own external IP address.
Options
2017-02-10 11:47:37

paint wrote

The router is connected to a cable modem. I've had the IP camera connected via wan and LAN with no difference. The port I'm trying to open is so I can view the camera feed. And yes, the router does have its own external IP address.

So your network map must be as below:
Internet ---- Cable modem ---- (WAN)Archer C9(LAN) ---- IP cam

Please help troubleshoot with the details as below:
1. Connect your computer to the wifi of C9, then try to access the camera's feed via for example 192.168.0.80:801; if it doesn't make a success, it seems that you setup on the camera's feed is wrong;
2. Try to access the camera's feed via for example WAN IP:801 from an external computer that isn't within C9's network, and then check if you can make a success.
Options
2017-02-10 12:10:43
Did what you said. Step 1 was a success. Step 2 couldn't connect.
Options
2017-02-20 12:51:12
bump
Options
2017-04-25 01:49:44
Any updates? I am running into the same issue. Doesn't matter what I do and what port number I change it still doesn't allow me to forward ports so i can see my camera remotely.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 769

Replies: 8

Related Articles