Archer C5400 - How to blacklist domains per device

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2017-02-23 13:48:11
Model : Archer C5400

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version : 1.0.5

ISP :

I'm struggling to find ways to do basic access restriction. I need to block specific domains on specific devices. The backwards whitelist approach is a very poor solution for me, and blacklisting only supports 'keywords' and does not apply to specific devices, but rather all devices subject to access control.

I know how to do this on OLDER TP-Link routers with the previous firmware which seems far more flexible and powerful. Am I really supposed to accept that the firmware provided on my $300 router can't block specific domains for specific devices? Where are the full firewall options? This is elementary and I know it's EASILY possible underneath the hood, if only I could find it. Coming from a 9-year-old router running Tomato, this is a shocking omission.

I hope I'm just missing something. After all, I initially overlooked the port forwarding options (with such a silly name as "virtual servers").

Edit: Never mind, I'm returning this router. It's unfortunate when you have a nice piece of hardware held back by dumbed down, inflexible software. It's really unforgivable when older versions of TP-Link firmware for older routers could do exactly what I wanted to do.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1121

Replies: 0

Related Articles