Echo - suddenly no TP Link devices responding

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2017-03-01 07:40:05
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Have been using Echo Dot with about a half dozen TP Link smart plugs for a few months. Today, for no known reason, nothing is responding via Echo.

Alexa responds to all requests (for all six devices):
"Sorry the device NAME is not responding"

I CAN control all the devices from my Kasa app on my phone.
All the devices are listed under the Alexa web app
I restarted the ECHO
I used the ECHO/Alexa web app to "discover devices" (even though they all appeared)
I disabled the TP-Link skill, re-enabled it, discovered devices...

Still not working.

It is not exactly evident which product is failing here.
Can someone please recommend some troubleshooting steps or a fix?
Thank you
Options
41 Reply
Re:Echo - suddenly no TP Link devices responding
2017-03-03 07:37:55
It's the connection between the TP-Link Kasa skill on the Echo and the TP-Link servers. I removed the skill and when attempting to re-add it, I'm getting "500 Internal Server Error" during logon. So it's 100% on TP-Link's end.
Options
2017-03-03 07:52:33
pretty much the same for me
Options
2017-03-03 07:53:53
I'm having same problem, any solutions?
Options
2017-03-03 08:29:30
Same problem here. Exactly the same problem. All devices (8) work fine with the Kasa app on phone, but Alexa responds to all request with "Sorry, the device NAME is not responding". I am also now getting "That command doesn't work on device NAME" The command is question is simply "Turn on NAME" or Turn off NAME" Just started today (March 2nd 2017). Must be a major failure on the Network link between Amazon and Kasa! I will wait it out and see if it restores itself. I had issues with the Wifi Thermostat yesterday with Alexa and it corrected itself.
Thinking this may have something to do with Amazons S3 service outage that was reported yesterday.
Options
2017-03-03 10:05:58
Having the same issue. Tried to delete one of the items out of my phone app and got a message that said the app couldn't connect to the server. Everything is showing up as local wife control only, though yesterday everything worked fine.

To be honest, I think the Kasa service is messed up....
Options
2017-03-03 10:18:00
I am having the same issue with 4 HS200 switches. I can turn them on and off with my phone as long as I am on the local network. When I try remotely, from my phone network, it says devices cannot be found try again later. When I disconnected tplink from alexa and tried to reconnect it, I get an internal server error.

My guess is that there is a problem with the tplink site.
Options
Same Issue
2017-03-03 10:31:07
I have two bulbs, one switch and one plug. Until today all worked with ECHO dot, now ECHO does not recognize any of them. They work fine with the KASA app. Any help would be appreciated.
Options
2017-03-03 10:52:04
Check your devices in the Kasa application. Are they in 'Local Only' mode?
Options
2017-03-03 11:28:20
Me too! To make matters worse, I disabled the skill on my Echo Dot and think a fresh enable would kick it back into working order but now I can enable the skill at all. Very disappointing.
Options
2017-03-03 12:24:59
I have the same exact problem as Deke. What is going on. Can someone help?

Lynn
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 6187

Replies: 41