DLNA Media Server cannot handle subfolders - Refresh problems when accessing from Roku4

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

DLNA Media Server cannot handle subfolders - Refresh problems when accessing from Roku4

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2017-03-03 03:30:14
3.15.1 Build 160719 Rel.57530n

[/TD]
[TD="colspan: 2"]

Hardware Version:
Archer C7 v2 00000000

Greetings,

I'm pretty sure this question will fall into the void of unanswerability, but here goes.

I have a USB 64 gig thumb drive inserted into one of the Archer C7 usb ports. It is formatted NTFS so that I can copy large files to it. I have a mac with OSX 10.10.5 (yosemite)

If I copy a video file directly to the shared root folder on the USB drive from my computer then I can always see the file (served through the DLNA media server function) on my Roku4 when accessing the media server funtion.

Problem: If I create a sub folder on the shared thumbdrive and then copy a video file into it, then the Roku4 will see the folder but always show that the folder is empty, even though it is not.

Any ideas to make the DLNA Media server refresh so that I can see my videos on my Roku4?

thanks
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 456

Replies: 0

Related Articles