Archer C7 (AC1750 v. 3) 5 GHz networks stopped working

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2017-03-03 04:38:01
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

I've had the router for about 1 week. When I set everything up, I named 4 networks (2.4 GHz, 5 GHz, and a guest version of each). I successfully connected my MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Early 2013), my Echo Dot, my iPhone 7, my Google Pixel to the 5 GHz network. I connected my PS4 and two older Dell computers to the 2.4 GHz network. My friends connected their devices to the 2.4 and 5 GHz guest networks.

The other morning, the 5 GHz network just stopped appearing, though the 2.4 GHz networks continued to function. I did the usual (unplug, wait 30 seconds, plug back in) without success. My Macbook is able to see the 5 GHz network if I bring it within 2 feet of the router, but the signal is very weak, and I cannot connect to it. The same is true for the 5 GHz guest network.

Logging into the device, I began changing one thing at a time, rebooting, and then testing each change. I tried changing the network channels (auto, 36, 149, 165). No effect. I tried disabling the guest 5 GHz network. No effect. I checked that the firmware is the most current. It is. I reset the device to factory defaults.

After resetting the device, I attempted to log in to the default 5 GHz network. I wasn't able to. As above, the network was very weak, visible only if my Macbook was very close, and I could not connect. I was still able to connect to the 2.4 GHz network without problems.

After reading this thread, I downloaded and installed the beta firmware (3.15.1 Build 161101 Rel.40542). Didn't fix the problem.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 644

Replies: 0

Related Articles