TL-WR841N help please.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

TL-WR841N help please.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
TL-WR841N help please.
TL-WR841N help please.
2017-03-10 02:28:54
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hello, I am currently using Verizon Fios as my ISP (Gateway router). I intend to add the TL-WR841N as my secondary router where I will plug in a TV streaming device to watch TV.
I do have a few questions.

-How can I set up the TL-WR841N as a bridge to my Primary FIOS router?
-I tried to use the western digital powerline adaptor to extend my network but lately this unit is causing issue with my primary router, slow and very unstable speed on both my primary and TL-WR841N unit. Can this bridge be set up wirelessly without the use or need of a powerline adaptor? Please advise how.
-Last question, the TL-WR841N will be connected to a VPN service via L2TP. If the above set up is possible, can I still utilize L2TP service for my streaming device?

Sorry, i am not a networking pro so pardon the dumb questions.

Thanks!
Options
1 Reply
Re:TL-WR841N help please.
2017-03-13 21:04:15
hi Sorry about that. Thanks for your quick reply, here it goes:

Hardware version WR841N V9 0000000
Firmware version: 3.216.9 build 150401 Rel.58806N

To be clear, i am looking to use the
TL-WR841N and connect wirelessly to my Verizon Router (as a bridge hopefully) then relocate the TL-WR841N near my TV streaming device where I can plug it to the TL-WR841N (bridge modem) via ethernet cable. The trick is the TL-WR841N will be also using L2TP for VPN service in order for my tv streaming device to work. I need the hard wire as the wignal is pretty bad on the tv streaming device.

Thanks in advance!
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 710

Replies: 1

Related Articles