Archer-C7-V2 problem logging in after firmware upgrade and config restore

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2017-03-15 00:48:53
Updated to the latest firmware for my v2 (Archer C7(US)_V2_160719) and logged in with admin/admin, then did a restore with my saved config.bin file I made right before upgrading the firmware. Now it isn't accepting my user/pass? I know the config restore worked because all of the other config settings are back to normal, port fowarding, address reservations, wireless name, etc.

So I decrypted my config.bin to find out what my user/pass combo saved in it was and it's exactly what it should be, so why can't I log-in? lol

Just to be thorough, I then did a hard reset, logged in with admin/admin with no issues, then went to restore my config.bin file again and it's still not letting my login with the proper credentials.

When all that failed, I tried downgrading to a previous version (Archer_C7_V2_151014_US) and then restored my old config, sadly same problem.

You're config restore just doesn't work for the user/pass, but it sets something which makes the entire process an effort in frustration.
Options
1 Reply
Re:Archer-C7-V2 problem logging in after firmware upgrade and config restore
2017-03-15 14:55:34
May I know your firmware version before you do the upgrade?
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 953

Replies: 1