TP-Link Archer C7 V2 5ghz keeps on dropping

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2017-03-19 00:37:07
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

firmware: 3.14.3 Build 150427 Rel.36706n
Hardware: Archer C7 v2 00000000

My router keeps dropping 5ghz wifi. The router just stops broadcasting 5ghz bssid all of sudden. I don't see 5ghz on the network list.

It does not make sense because 2ghz range is working.
This happens within a day I reset the router.
The log report shows nothing too. In the 5ghz section in gateway page, it says my device is still connected but there is no data coming and out of it. It only means 5ghz section just crashed and fails to repsond.

I also recently experienced the router just stops until I restart the router. I cannot even access the router gateway through Ethernet port.

I have tried various methods trying to solve the problem but it keeps on happening.
I have limited device connected, made sure bandwidth is set to no limit, factory reset, change essid and password, changed wireless security type, changed beacon interval, RTS threshold but nothing.
Options
3 Reply
Re:TP-Link Archer C7 V2 5ghz keeps on dropping
2017-03-20 18:31:18
Options
Interference from motion sensor
2018-04-30 21:48:40
Mine started after installing some Winplus motion sensor lights from Costco in my basement. I ended up changing the sensitivity to "very near" and the problem went away.
Options
Re:TP-Link Archer C7 V2 5ghz keeps on dropping
2021-03-19 17:59:04

@timi 

Hi these links no longer seem to work and I can't find their equivalents via search. But ever since separating my 5g and 2.4g networks with separate names I've had this issue where the 5g network will disappear for no particular reason. Are there updated URLs you can point me to for those helpful posts?

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 5255

Replies: 3

Related Articles