AC1200 Wirelss Dual Band Update

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2017-04-06 02:46:16
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

3 days ago my service provider (Spectrum-Charter) had to change my modem. Ever since the change, our internet has gone considerably slow, esp the uplink speed. Used to run between 4 and 5, now it can barely hit 1 (hardwired). But from the Spectrum Tech's end, it is showing that my speed is 60mbps download and 5mbps upload. He suggests that due to the changes, it may have “purged some things in the router", and he recommends that I upgrade the firmware on my TP Link. Is this true? Thank you.
Options
2 Reply
Re:AC1200 Wirelss Dual Band Update
2017-04-06 08:46:02
It's recommended to connect your desktop computer directly to the Spectrum modem and make a speedtest. Then we know which one exactly cause the issue.
Options
Re:AC1200 Wirelss Dual Band Update
2018-02-19 21:54:46
I don't believe it could “purged some things in the router" - never heard of such cases! I guess solution offered by Anton L.Z. is rather smart and it absolutely a must to connect your desktop computer directly to the Spectrum modem.

[HR][/HR]Looking where to write my essay in 12 hours...
Options