Trouble casting

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Trouble casting

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Trouble casting
Trouble casting
2017-04-11 09:00:33
Model : Archer C5400

Hardware Version : Not Clear

Firmware Version : 1.0.5 Build 20160927 Rel. 53959(5553)

ISP : Spectrum

Having a strange issue with my Xbox One(s) on my WiFi network. I just moved off of a Google OnHub and I've always been able to cast music and video from my laptops to either of my Xbox One devices. Since I moved to the C5400, I receive a "network device not found" when I try to cast either. I can, however, broadcast from my browser to the YouTube app on the XBox, so there is at least some form of communication between the two. Furthermore, one of my PC's that's connected to the C5400 via ethernet switch is able to cast media to the either Xbox without any trouble at all. It almost seems like there's some kind of firewall-esque issue despite the fact that absolutely nothing has changed on either the Xbox or the laptops in my home. One strange thing I also noticed is if I connect the Xbox to the 2.4ghz band, it says NAT Type: Open. When I move it to either of the 5's, it says NAT Type: Moderate.

I'm completely out of ideas, but if someone could toss me some ideas, I'd really appreciate it. This is kind of a deal breaker for me, and I really don't want to return this router.
Options
2 Reply
Re:Trouble casting
2017-04-14 07:09:47
Bump.
Options
Re:Trouble casting
2017-04-18 00:32:21
Bumping again.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0