Archer C3200 not allowing incoming connections.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2017-04-12 03:27:26
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

I was able to open the proper ports (80) and (4XXX-4XXX) for my security camera and able to get e-mail notifications from that system.
However I'm not able to connect from outside the "house" using the Samsung Ipolis software (not to mentioned that I can't connect "internally" using Webviewer or VLC in my computer inside the network)
The FAQs that I found do not really provide helpful information.
Contacted the provider and confirmed that there is no "Block" from their end.
What Am I missing, please? SPI firewall? Any additional setting I'm missing.

Thank you in advance.
Options
7 Reply
Re:Archer C3200 not allowing incoming connections.
2017-04-12 22:39:14
If both devices are on the same LAN, and same router, there is no filtering or blocking going on, unless you place them on different VLAN (where even then they can still send traffic to each other, if the tags are ignored. Overall, if you are unable connect to the devices locally, then the issue is likely with the device, or the software being used. If the device is "cloud" reliant, then there is a possibility that it may be using additional ports. The best way to test, is to place it on the DMZ for a few minutes to see if it works.
Options
2017-04-15 09:46:20
First port 80 is blocked in Brazil, change to 8080 or 200 in DVR and the modem/router. Use this site to check the open port http://www.yougetsignal.com/tools/open-ports/
Primeiro a porta 80 é bloqueada no Brasil, mude para 8080 ou 200 no DVR e no modem/roteador. Use este site para verificar se a porta está realmente aberta http://www.yougetsignal.com/tools/open-ports/
Options
2017-06-02 08:50:15
Hi WeakWifi, I'm in the USA.
Options
2017-06-02 08:54:12
Hi Razor512,
I was able to see the cameras from outside the Network (Mobile phone) for a bit. Since then my RT-AC52U is acting up and had to send back for repairs. I placed my other RT-AC66U there and now even with the DMZ still pointing to the static IP of the Camera NVR I only get images once connected to my SSID.
Not sure why that could have changed.
Options
2017-06-02 17:18:25

Razor512 wrote

If both devices are on the same LAN, and same router, there is no filtering or blocking going on, unless you place them on different VLAN (where even then they can still send traffic to each other, if the tags are ignored. Overall, if you are unable connect to the devices locally, then the issue is likely with the device, or the software being used. If the device is "cloud" reliant, then there is a possibility that it may be using additional ports. The best way to test, is to place it on the DMZ for a few minutes to see if it works.

You think like me
Options
2020-02-23 17:51:28
I believe that he means that maybe your ISP might be blocking some ports like the 80.
Options
2020-02-23 17:56:27
Try www.CanYouSeeMe.org
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1323

Replies: 7

Related Articles