Unable to get my TL-WR802N to connect to my Samsung phone wifi hotspot

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2017-04-18 20:43:37
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

My TL-WR802N router connects to my home wifi router with no problem. I tried to change the wifi source to my Wifi hotspot on my Samsung Android phone. The TP_Link router shows the phone as available. I put in the password required by the hotspot and rebooted the router. It never acquired the wifi hotspot. Any ideas would be apprecited.
Options
3 Reply
Re:Unable to get my TL-WR802N to connect to my Samsung phone wifi hotspot
2017-11-05 00:02:08
Interesting. Sorry I have no answer but we seem to share the same problem. I can get my WL802N to connect to my home router and my wife's iPhone but not to my own iPhone. I have tried resetting everything (all the usual tricks) to no avail. Everything else connects to my phone but not the WL802N. I have an MR3040 as well and it connects just fine. I replied here to perhaps get some help as well. I see you are KN4HH, I am KC6N. Are we doing the same thing, connecting a SharkRF OpenSpot?

Dave, KC6N
Options
2017-11-06 19:49:09
Hotspot mode can't accept wireless with a wireless password.
Disable the authentication of the phone hotspot and choose dynamic IP for WAN Connection Type on TL-WR802N.
Options
2018-07-20 16:17:17
How do you disable iPhone's personal hotspot's wireless password?
Also trying to connect Shark ... G1FMU
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1108

Replies: 3

Related Articles