Need to change default wifi addresses

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2017-05-01 05:52:18
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

My home network has a wired router that assigns IP addresses in the 192.168.1.x space
My new DECO M5 system is assigning addresses 192.168.0.x so now my wireless devices cannot connect to other LAN devices.

Can this be changed so all devices are on the same subnet?

Thanks
Bruce
Options
3 Reply
Re:Need to change default wifi addresses
2017-05-02 11:00:42

bfschroe wrote

Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

My home network has a wired router that assigns IP addresses in the 192.168.1.x space
My new DECO M5 system is assigning addresses 192.168.0.x so now my wireless devices cannot connect to other LAN devices.

Can this be changed so all devices are on the same subnet?

Thanks
Bruce

If you want to make all devices on the same subnet, then it's recommended to set up one of the router in AP mode.
Currently Deco M5 hasn't supported the AP mode but will add this feature in future firmware releases.
However, you can just connect Deco M5 directly to the front-end modem and set up the internet connection on Deco M5 bypassing your wired router.
Options
2017-05-02 18:16:11
Please clarify.If I connect the deco to the wan connection then it will still give out addresses on a different subnet than my other wired devices and how will the other devicesGet to the Internet?Thank you
Options
2017-05-03 11:10:01

bfschroe wrote

Please clarify.If I connect the deco to the wan connection then it will still give out addresses on a different subnet than my other wired devices and how will the other devicesGet to the Internet?Thank you

May I know your home network map? And how do you set up your previous router to get the same network subnet?
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 580

Replies: 3