Question about Networking when not plugged in Ethernet or Wireless to Deco

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2017-05-04 07:53:54
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hello all,

I recently purchased a Deco M5 system and I am extremely satisfied with it. I do have one major problem/issue that I would like assistance with. I like to stream video to various sources from my desktop. The program I am using to do this is AirParrot. Last night I attempted to stream from my Desktop which was plugged in via ethernet to the ISP's(Spectrum/Time Warner Cable) modem.

My AppleTV was connected to the Deco Wi-Fi system at this time, and that is where I was trying to stream to. For whatever reason, AirParrot would not recognize the AppleTV as being one of the connected devices on the network. I decided to try and unplug ethernet from the ISP modem and move it over to go in directly to the Deco(Again on my Desktop), I waited about 20 seconds and boom, my desktop picked up the AppleTV.

Is there a solution for this problem?

Thank you in advance.
Options
3 Reply
Re:Question about Networking when not plugged in Ethernet or Wireless to Deco
2017-05-05 08:46:19
It seems that you have two subnets in your home network, right? One is created by Deco, the other one is created by ISP modem.
Then issue will occur since the Apple TV(connected to Deco) and your desktop(connected to ISP modem) are in two different subnets, and something called NAT will block the desktop to discover the TV.

In this case, I want to know that if you connect your Desktop to the Ethernet port of Deco, could you stream from your ISP internet? If yes, then it's recommended to connect both the desktop and TV to Deco network so that these two devices could communicate with each other.
Options
2017-05-13 10:52:57
Yes this works fine as I mentioned originally. The problem is that I get a better connection when hooked in to the ISP modem directly than i do hooked into the deco.
Options
2017-05-15 08:58:43

Drewlius wrote

Yes this works fine as I mentioned originally. The problem is that I get a better connection when hooked in to the ISP modem directly than i do hooked into the deco.

Deco will add AP mode in future firmware updates. Just pay attention to the release note about that.
When Deco works in AP mode, then the NAT will be removed and make your network clearer.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 490

Replies: 3