ARP Binding or IP Reservation to Wake Printer

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2017-05-06 22:28:29
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

I have a C7.

My problem is this. Every night I shut down the router. In the morning, it turns back on and all my devices have IP reservations. When I go use the printer on wireless network, it's never online. I have to go manually turn it off, which takes it out of sleep mode and then turns it off, then turn it back on. This gets it back on the network. I'm assuming that the router doesn't see it because it doesn't make a request for IP, and the router doesn't send a print job to it because it doesn't think it's online. When I restart it, it asks for an IP.

Would ARP binding change this and make the router force send the printer job to that MAC,or IP, address?

Any insight would be helpful.

Thanks!
Options
7 Reply
Re:ARP Binding or IP Reservation to Wake Printer
2017-05-12 02:49:44

tommydearest wrote

Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

I have a C7.

My problem is this. Every night I shut down the router. In the morning, it turns back on and all my devices have IP reservations. When I go use the printer on wireless network, it's never online. I have to go manually turn it off, which takes it out of sleep mode and then turns it off, then turn it back on. This gets it back on the network. I'm assuming that the router doesn't see it because it doesn't make a request for IP, and the router doesn't send a print job to it because it doesn't think it's online. When I restart it, it asks for an IP.

Would ARP binding change this and make the router force send the printer job to that MAC,or IP, address?

Any insight would be helpful.

Thanks!

I have the exact same problem and am looking for a solution.

Did you try DHCP Reservation? I guess that wouldn't work, because the printer needs to do a DHCP REQUEST to inform the router that it's "alive".
Options
2017-05-13 22:47:50
Yes, I did the IP reservation in DHCP. I've had that set for awhile. Thing is, it doesn't always seem to not wake up the printer, after it sits overnight. Last five days it's worked. This morning, it didn't. I just set it to ARP bind. Fingers crossed.
Options
2017-05-16 21:39:12
Didn't work. :-(
Options
2017-05-16 21:45:59
The thing I don't get is that if I have a print job queued that isn't being printed because of this, I can reboot the router and then it finds the printer. Even though I haven't done anything to the printer. So, the printer is asleep the whole time. When I turn the router on in the morning, then try to print, it shows printer offline. Then, I reboot router and it starts printing.
Options
2017-05-17 20:28:15
Have you guys tried the latest firmware-beta version to see if this issue is fixed ?
Options
2017-05-26 05:52:55

Archer77 wrote

Have you guys tried the latest firmware-beta version to see if this issue is fixed ?

i emailed TP-Link support to try and get a copy of the ARCHER C9 v1 beta firmware and they would not send me anything.

they just gave me useless tips, like, factory reset, reduce the # of wireless devices, etc. etc. etc.
Options
2017-07-18 01:04:14
What is you printer manufacturer? I have same problem with different router (c3150 both versions 1 and 2 ) But only with my samsung laser not my epson inkjet.
Options