Problem:* Need router capable of using a VPN and I...

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2017-05-15 04:43:50
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

I currently have a TP-Link AC1200 Wireless Wi-Fi Gigabit Router (Archer C5) Version 2, not capable of VPN. I thought it was capable and bought a lifetime subscription to Windscribe.
We have 2 connected devices and 20 wireless devices with more to come. I am having some problems with buffering and jumpiness in movies.
I am thinking of getting TP-Link AC5400 Wireless Wi-Fi Tri-Band Gigabit Router.
I have Comcast Blast w/download speeds of 200 Mbps
If I buy the AC5400, can I use both of the routers with the 1 modem.
If so, How do I connect them to the one modem so that they do not interfere with each other? They will be near each other, max. 18 inches apart.
Do I connect routers to different ports in modem? Or do I connect main router, the AC5400 to the modem and connect the 1200 to the 5400?
How do I connect the devices that I want a VPN on and which ones I don't need the VPN?
Lastly, just forget about the above, put the AC1200 on Ebay because the AC5400 will be enough for everything so that I won't need to worry about anything else?
Options
2 Reply
Re:Problem:* Need router capable of using a VPN and I...
2017-05-15 19:20:05
Having installed a VPN on your router, all connected devices will be secured by the service. Their number directly depends on the number of simultaneous connections provided by your service (this info you can easily find on the official website of your VPN provider). I also recommend reading about DD-WRT technology and thinking about its installation.
Options
Re:Problem:* Need router capable of using a VPN and I...
2017-05-16 06:10:29
Thanks, about an hour after I posted this I found a lot of info about DD-WRT and I was wrong in some of my thinking. I am not going to do anything until I do understand it more. DD-WRT for dummies?? I am going to talk to some people in the IT section at work. Thanks
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1209

Replies: 2

Related Articles