Exported VPN config file not using DDNS

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-10-15 19:38:20 - last edited 2022-10-21 16:18:37
Tags: #VPN #DDNS
Model: Archer A7  
Hardware Version: V5
Firmware Version: 1.2.0

Hello -

Years ago I successfully set up VPN using OpenVPN and have enjoyed using it on my phone for security when away from home. In conjunction with that I also successfully set up a dynamic DNS using TP-Link's DDNS service.

However, it seems like the VPN config file exported by the router for using on the client side uses the hard-coded WAN ip of my router instead of the dynamic name I created and bound to this router. I've had to re-export config files multiple times for my phone - every time my ISP changes my ip address. How can I ensure that the VPN config file uses the correct dynamic address instead of using a hard-coded ip?

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Exported VPN config file not using DDNS-Solution
2022-10-21 06:34:55 - last edited 2022-10-21 16:18:37

@UncleJed 

A similar inquiry can be found here.

If my reply helps with the issue, please click on the arrow pointing upward. If it solves your issue, please click the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Recommended Solution
Options
3 Reply
Re:Exported VPN config file not using DDNS-Solution
2022-10-21 06:34:55 - last edited 2022-10-21 16:18:37

@UncleJed 

A similar inquiry can be found here.

If my reply helps with the issue, please click on the arrow pointing upward. If it solves your issue, please click the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Recommended Solution
Options
Re:Exported VPN config file not using DDNS
2022-10-21 10:41:43

One can find a related query 

Options
Re:Exported VPN config file not using DDNS
2022-10-21 16:25:11 - last edited 2022-10-21 16:25:57

@Liverpool20 Thanks for the link. I did a quick search before I posted and somehow missed this one. Thanks for the heads up!

Still - I must say it stands to reason that the expectation would be that it would export it correctly, especially considering the software contains an on/off swtich for it and the details for the dynamic name.

At any rate, I'm glad it's an easy edit.

Thanks again!

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 375

Replies: 3

Tags

VPN
DDNS
Related Articles