Archer C9 Won't Open Ports

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2017-05-16 08:18:24
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hi, sorry if this got duplicated.

I can't get connections through router. I've done port forwarding for years through other routers without issue. Not sure what I'm missing or not understanding. I have different servers, services, and games trying to host outside connections. I even DMZed a server and I still can't get a connection out. The only thing I've changed is the router. Ports are open from ISP, and no firewall on computers.

Firmware Version:

[/TD]
[TD="colspan: 2"]3.17.0 Build 20150514 Rel.70681n
Hardware Version:
ArcherC9 v1

Options
5 Reply
Re:Archer C9 Won't Open Ports
2017-05-19 02:18:52
Who is you ISP? What Modem is in front of your C9? Does you C9 show a Public IP or Private Ip on its WAN page?
Options
2017-05-20 23:24:56
Hey thanks for replying.

It's a local Fiber company. They said they don't block port traffic.

The WAN's IP is a local 10.x.x.x. address. The address from the internet (checkmyip.org) is a public one.
Options
2017-05-21 18:29:53
That is your issue. You are behind CGNAT, works like your own NAT router but on a much larger scale.. You will never be able to get ports forwarded as long as you are behind it.Only option is request a public IP if they even provide it or switch providers. Though this will become more and more common as IPv4 address space is depleted. Hence the reason for the move to IPv6. What is the name of the ISP? And is it 10.40.x.x by chance?
Options
2017-05-21 20:16:49

Napsterbater wrote

That is your issue. You are behind CGNAT, works like your own NAT router but on a much larger scale.. You will never be able to get ports forwarded as long as you are behind it.Only option is request a public IP if they even provide it or switch providers. Though this will become more and more common as IPv4 address space is depleted. Hence the reason for the move to IPv6. What is the name of the ISP? And is it 10.40.x.x by chance?

Air Advantage. 10.99.x.x,

Never knew a CGNAT existed. At least I know now. I think I'm working off of a sort of Bridge connection as it's a P2P to a Fiber location, Albeit highspeed.
Options
2017-05-22 12:33:33
ISP using CGNAT SHOULD be using 100.64.0.1- 100.127.255.254 but often dont.

My ISP which provides fiber via GPON does the same thing except using 10.40.x.x. But you can request a Public IP and they create a 1:1 Static NAT for it, I still have a 10.40.X.X IP on my WAN but at thier CGNAT its translated to a public IP.. and its pure NAT not NAPT, I.E. only the IP is touched/translated, ports are ignored and that IP is dedicated to me. Functionally the same as having the IP right on the WAN of My router.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1124

Replies: 5

Related Articles