System Integrator use of Deco

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2017-05-28 04:09:36
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

I know Deco was designed for easy end-user configuration. But it looks like a great mesh router for MDU applications such as resorts and condominium buildings. Let's say I want to install one in 50 resort units (1100 sq. ft ea.), how would these get configured and monitored. I could establish 50 free email addresses for configuration, but it appears the app can only handle one address. Seems that I've have to delete app, then install again. There must be an easier way to configure 50 - independent Deco's. I wish there was an alternative web GUI like traditional routers. It would be great for advanced users or system integrators.
Options
1 Reply
Re:System Integrator use of Deco
2017-05-30 01:15:37
Vivian, a highly professional TP-Link support person, informed me that you can use a single email account to configure multiple, independent units. Using main menu, select "Create New Network" and you can configure a second device. The main menu shows each SSID in range so you can switch between units for later changes. I think all changes must be within WiFi (or BT) range and not via the cloud. I'm feeling much better about using Deco in MDU applications. Set-up is so much faster than many other mesh products, especially Luma which is awful slow.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 476

Replies: 1