Guest network not working

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2017-06-08 05:16:51
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

I am unable to get DHCP to work on the guest network. Based on network diagnostics, it appears like the WPA2 handshake works fine. But then the device never receives a response to its DHCP request.

I have already tried restarting the main unit and restarting all the units simultaneously. The normal network appears to work perfectly fine. The routers are connected via ethernet backhaul via a switch.

I have tried this with multiple devices (Macbook, iPhone, Android Phone, Dell XPS 13 laptop) with the same result: it can connect to the normal network, but not the guest network
Options
4 Reply
Re:Guest network not working
2017-06-09 09:52:39
Could you provide a image of your network topology?
Please try to disable the encryption for the guest network, check if the clients can connect to it in this case.
Options
2017-06-09 23:07:31
The ethernet network topology is:
Verizon Fios Quantum Gateway -> Deco #1 -> TP Link Gigabit Ethernet Switch (TL-SG1005D)
Switch -> Deco #2 -> Internet TV
Switch -> Deco #3

I tried disabling encryption and clients are still unable to connect. They continue to be stuck on "Obtaining IP address"
Options
2017-07-27 07:44:31

klee1 wrote

The ethernet network topology is:
Verizon Fios Quantum Gateway -> Deco #1 -> TP Link Gigabit Ethernet Switch (TL-SG1005D)
Switch -> Deco #2 -> Internet TV
Switch -> Deco #3

I tried disabling encryption and clients are still unable to connect. They continue to be stuck on "Obtaining IP address"

Has this issue been resolved?
Options
2017-07-31 20:09:52
Please try to unplug the 2nd and 3rd Deco units, remain the main unit only.
Then make a test if the guest network is working normally.
Options