RE580D will not save any settings

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2017-06-13 07:32:48
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

I just tried to configure my 580D today but it will not save any settings. I have tried the quick setup as well as entering information manually.

Any changes I make result in the "failed" sad face error message when I click save. While running the quick setup, the progress bar reaches "100%; rebooting" phase but the extender never actually reboots. I waited about 15 minutes to see if it ever rebooted but it didn't. I tried rebooting the extender through the management page but the same thing happens.

I have tried wired and wireless with the same result.

I'm out of ideas at this point.....i've done a factory reset on it a few times as well with no luck. The firmware on my unit is 1.0.0 (yes, from 2015). I thought about flashing new firmware for a split second but if it won't save any changes or reboot, I may end up with a bricked extender.
Options
1 Reply
Re:RE580D will not save any settings
2017-08-17 19:02:04
Hi Soggy, you can click on reboot on the top right of the configuration page to see whether the range extender will reboot.
Actually it seems the extender is not configured successfully.
Go to settings-wifi on your phone, forget your main router's wifi name and reconnect. This will you to check the wifi password is correct.
Then you can configure the extender again.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1567

Replies: 1

Related Articles