Using Modem as an access point

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2017-06-13 23:07:00
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

I have a TP Link model TP-WR841N. It is fed from another building and I initially set it up as a Lan-Wan. There are times I need to see a computer or printer in the other building to share files or print so I researched setting it up as an access point (LAN-LAN). I found how to do it, it worked, I think there is even a document on the TP Link site. My problem is that after I disable the DHCP I can no longer get into the modem using http://tplinkwifi.net or any IP address that I try. I eventually have to reset the modem to factory defaults to get in, but then I loose the access point function. To some degree, as long as I have my password set and everything set as I want before I disable the DHCP maybe I don't need to get back into the settings and I should live with it. Any thoughts or help?

Thanks,
Wayne
Options
1 Reply
Re:Using Modem as an access point
2017-07-21 16:27:43
what is the ip address of your network? you may need to change lan ip of 841 to the same range as yours.
for example, if your network is in 192.168.1.X, you can change 841 to 192.168.1.252.
Options