Guest network on a node connected with ethernet

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2017-06-29 12:02:22
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

I have the latest firmware installed and am having an issue where one of the nodes is connected with ethernet and only the guest network from that 1 node does not have internet access. Connecting to the non-guest main network and internet access is ok.

Walking to another Deco node that is connected wirelessly doesn't have the issue. There is internet for both the main network and the guest network.

Anyone else running into this issue or have a similar setup and NOT seeing this issue?

thanks.
Options
5 Reply
Re:Guest network on a node connected with ethernet
2017-06-29 14:05:00
"The node connected with ethernet", do you mean the node connected to the front-end modem?
Please make a comparison of the IP settings (including IP, gateway, DNS) when the phone connects to its guest network(without internet) and when the phone connects to its main network(with internet).
Options
2017-06-30 10:07:21
The child node that is connected with ethernet backhaul has a problem with the guest network not having internet. The IP settings only have the WAN ip and nothing for the local network. The other spare ethernet port is used to connect a laptop and the laptop does have internet and it works fine. Only the guest network on this node has issues.

TP-Link Deco wrote

"The node connected with ethernet", do you mean the node connected to the front-end modem?
Please make a comparison of the IP settings (including IP, gateway, DNS) when the phone connects to its guest network(without internet) and when the phone connects to its main network(with internet).
Options
2017-06-30 10:33:41
I mean the IP settings of your phone (phone IP, gateway, DNS) when you're connected to its guest network. You can check it via Settings -> WLAN I think.
Options
2017-07-27 01:08:54
I have the same issue. I created a new post not knowing this one existed. My setup is pretty simple.

Deco #1 -> switch -> Deco #2

I've tried rebooting my device, all the deco units, but none of that has helped. The only issue is with the guest wifi on the deco #2 unit, the main wifi works fine. I can connect with my device to the main wifi network, but the guest one always shows as having no internet.
Options
2017-08-07 19:18:24
TP-link guy said they would release a new firmware to fix this issue. You may use connect the second deco to the switch by wifi for now or disable guest work.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1510

Replies: 5