TL-PA8010P causing network connectivity interruptions

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2017-06-29 20:38:00
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

I have three TL-PA8010P kits I'm trying to make work in the old house from 1800s. It appears that as soon as I connect the 3rd TL-PA8010P kit connectivity on the LAN gets interrupted to the point that I can't ping any local IP - I get timeouts or hardly any replies as if there was some network chatter. As soon as I unplug the power-line adapter connectivity resumes. What I'm using these for is wireless access point by Ubiquity.
Does it matter that the third adapter gets plugged into the same power outlet?
What the max number of adapters one can have on the same power circuit?
Thank you.
Options
3 Reply
Re:TL-PA8010P causing network connectivity interruptions
2017-06-30 20:23:00
Are we suppsed to upgrade the firmware or are these shipped with the most recent version and are expected to work right out of the box?
What is the best practice to using multiple extenders on the same power circuit?
Options
2017-07-01 02:45:29
You join all six adapters into the same powerline network. Start with a paired kit, and then add the others one by one as described in the manual. Do not attempt to run three separate powerline networks on the same physical circuit.
Options
2017-07-04 11:20:57

CablingPro wrote

Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

I have three TL-PA8010P kits I'm trying to make work in the old house from 1800s. It appears that as soon as I connect the 3rd TL-PA8010P kit connectivity on the LAN gets interrupted to the point that I can't ping any local IP - I get timeouts or hardly any replies as if there was some network chatter. As soon as I unplug the power-line adapter connectivity resumes. What I'm using these for is wireless access point by Ubiquity.
Does it matter that the third adapter gets plugged into the same power outlet?
What the max number of adapters one can have on the same power circuit?
Thank you.

Hi, you can check the link to see how many powerline adapters can be added to the same network.
http://www.tp-link.com/us/faq-434.html
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 634

Replies: 3