The time slices for parental controls don't seem to function

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2017-07-04 15:21:02
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

AD7200
FW 1.0.10 Build 20160902 rel.57400
HW AD7200 v1.0

did the parental control thing and saw something very weird. enabled a whitelist with only google.com on it.

then made all the cells, for all days, all slots green.

this killed access completely except for google.com just like it should.

but then made a single time slot white -- on a day that is not today -- at a time that is no where near the current time

access works fine for any website even though all slots for today are still green and are unchanged.

seems like the firmware is not understanding the time slots and only is working when all slots are selected for the rule enforcement.

I have the time settings correct for my location and auto-updated from (time.nist.gov). the time shown on the system-tools --> time-settings tab is correct
Options
4 Reply
Re:The time slices for parental controls don't seem to function
2017-07-11 17:57:21
try this,http://www.tp-link.com/us/faq-1124.html [SIZE=1][FONT=arial]
Internet Access Time represents the time period that the filtering rule takes effect, not necessarily mean the device can access internet.
so if you change all slots green and put google in the white list, which means devices under control have access to google only all the time.

[/FONT][/SIZE]
Options
2017-07-11 18:48:26
Have you had a resolution to this issue? Parental control time slices are also not working for me on my Archer C58
Options
2017-07-12 23:20:25
Managed to resolve the issue with the following steps:

1. Add devices that need to be controlled using MAC addresses
2. Configure times slots - 'green' boxes when access is blocked, clear boxes when access is permitted.
3. Set to whitelist access
Options
Re:Re:The time slices for parental controls don't seem to function
2019-09-01 17:38:38 - last edited 2019-09-01 17:39:18

Hi there

Tried this with my own phone and it seemed to work... until I configured a few other devices. Whenever I save the controls of the other devices, it messes up the parental controls of my phone and it gets access to the internet again.

Is there something I missed?

Why on earth is it that TP-Link do not fix this issue once for all, for Heaven's sake?? We pay for a product that's supposed to work out of the box, and it doesn't, and they do NOTHING. That's not what I call customer service.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 551

Replies: 4