ARCHER C7 AC1750 PUTTY configs

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2017-07-26 05:10:05
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

I've got an Archer C7 AC1750 that I was having trouble with. The throughput had degraded so much over the 18 months I was using it, down to the point of about 80-100 Mbps. So i updated to the newest firmware, which turned my router into a fancy paper weight. I can't get any throughput, only a web gui and flashing 5/2.4G wifi lights.

I tried TFTP, but that got me nowhere, so I soldered on a JTAG and plugged in the console connection. Now I'm getting a bunch of trash on my PUTTY interface.

Snippet--
"▒PPkP@kPjZPkP▒▒▒UU▒▒UU@P▒▒k▒▒▒▒▒▒▒PPPPPPkT▒▒▒{@▒@{T▒PPZ▒P▒▒▒▒▒U{P▒PPP▒PPPk@AjPP▒PkPz@PPP@kP▒Z▒▒▒▒▒▒▒U▒PPkPPU▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒P{PPPkPP▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒Pj@PPP▒▒▒@P▒PP▒믯▒▒▒▒▒PkU▒PZ▒kPkUZ@@▒▒PP▒APP▒{PkPP▒P@▒▒▒▒▒UUUUkk[▒▒▒▒▒▒▒[[T[[着▒▒▒.▒ZT▒PTZPP[▒[ZT▒ﯯ▒▒UkPTkP▒ZP▒P[@PP▒PTP▒▒U▒@PzPPkPPPTP▒▒▒▒▒▒▒UUUP▒PZPP▒▒"

I've installed the drivers and everything like that. PUTTY is set to 115200 speed, 8 Data bits, 1 Stop bit, no parity, and no flow control. Any help/guidance is greatly appreciated! I just want a functioning router.
Options
2 Reply
Re:ARCHER C7 AC1750 PUTTY configs
2017-07-26 09:56:58
try the firmware recovery like this post show, http://forum.tp-link.com/showthread.php?81462-How-to-recovery-the-router-when-you-bricked-it&highlight=fitz
if no luck, contact tp-link email support.
Options
Re:ARCHER C7 AC1750 PUTTY configs
2017-07-26 19:59:16
Hello, yes do it like that, and after sending that file don't touch the router, or don't shut down. After that file send will take a wille and router will restart him self.Good luck.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 746

Replies: 2