Archer C7 v2 not responding to DHCP DISCOVER

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2017-07-29 02:04:01
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

I have encountered this issue a couple times where my computer will not receive a DHCP address from my router.

Router Details:
Hardware Version: Archer C7 v2 00000000
Firmware Version: 3.15.1 Build 160719 Rel.57530n

In doing an ipconfig /renew, I see that packets are being sent from my Windows 10 client on the network, but never see a response back.

System Logs on the router did not have anything logged in regards to any DHCP messages coming in during that period. I am able to resolve the issue by issuing a reboot of the router via the admin console. After reboot, I then see my client machine get an IP address.

Has anyone else seen this behavior before or is there more detail diagnostics/logs that I can pull from the router other than the generic system logs?

Thanks!
Options
2 Reply
Re:Archer C7 v2 not responding to DHCP DISCOVER
2017-08-01 09:23:28
I think the system tools is the only place where we can see such kind of info. For the issue you have, does it happen on other devices or just the windows 10? Is the windows 10 using wifi of cable connection?
You may send emails to TP-Link Tech support to get help since this issue sounds complicated.
Options
Re:Archer C7 v2 not responding to DHCP DISCOVER
2017-08-02 04:02:11
I mainly notice it on my Windows devices after resuming from hibernate/connected-standby. I will reach out to support to see if they have any ideas. Thanks!
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 960

Replies: 2