Archer C7 login failure after WDS enabled

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2017-08-02 00:49:34
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

I configured the router to use as an extender using WDS settings and all appears to work properly but Login to the TP-Link router generates a password error. Security is WPA2 on both routers. Passwords are the same. I can see the TP-Link router on the LAN and can even log into the admin page wirelessly. With the TP-Link router turned off, I can log into the root router (ARRIS provided by Spectrum) without a problem.
Options
7 Reply
Re:Archer C7 login failure after WDS enabled
2017-08-02 09:41:51
Not very sure about the issue. Maybe you can show us a screenshot of the error and the WDS settings on TP-Link?
Since you can log in the Admin page of TP-Link, you may go to Wireless-->Wireless Security to check the password for TP-Link and try change it. Also try change the SSID/wireless network name on TP-Link.
Options
2017-08-02 21:25:34

The SSID appears as a WiFi choice on phones and other devices but logging into WiFi with the password fails with "incorrect password" message. I changed the TP-Link SSID to match the root router. The password on the WDS settings (screenshot) is the same as the WiFi login on the root router. As mentioned, I can turn off the TP-Link and login to the root router without problem as long as I am within range. I did upgrade the TP-Link firmware.
Options
2017-08-03 09:21:49
Have you clicked Wireless Security on the left side menu and checked the password there? If you want to connect to the wifi of TP-Link router, the password should be the one under Wireless security, not the one under WDS bridging.
Options
2017-08-03 23:49:51
SOLVED! Thank you! Changed the PSK passkey to the shared passkey of the root router and all is well.
Options
2017-08-04 09:03:00
You are welcome :)
Options
2017-08-09 06:51:31
Another wrinkle. Twice since setup the power has gone off or the root router lost the Internet. Both times I had to do a factory reset on the TP-Link and go through the complete configuration again. The TP-link ip address jumps to something totally off the chart. The root router comes back up fine. Any ideas?
Options
2017-08-09 15:08:25

Rcterry wrote

Another wrinkle. Twice since setup the power has gone off or the root router lost the Internet. Both times I had to do a factory reset on the TP-Link and go through the complete configuration again. The TP-link ip address jumps to something totally off the chart. The root router comes back up fine. Any ideas?

Here are something you may try.
Fixed the channel of your root router. Change the TP-Link router's Lan IP address according to the root router's IP subnet.
Update the firmware of TP-link router. Restart the router when and wait for longer time.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 2116

Replies: 7