Archer C5400 no 2.4 wifi after couple of days and channel shows as N/A

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Archer C5400 no 2.4 wifi after couple of days and channel shows as N/A

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
134 Reply
Re:Archer C5400 no 2.4 wifi after couple of days and channel shows as N/A
2017-09-27 01:25:30
My replacement unit 5 GHZ band 1 is not working. Very frustrated with the product. Still no solution.
Options
2017-09-27 01:28:54
WOW...

What a PIA to register to this forum!

Ok... C5400 here and same problem! it is a bit delicate for me since my doorbell is connected to the 2.4ghz and when the modem decided to stop transmitting in that frecuency and important part of the house goes down...

Called customer support and someone who barely speaks english took my case... the person was not trained properly and well it was hard to communicate!

So any updates on this?
Thanks!
JC
Options
2017-09-29 00:03:17

James Cole wrote

WOW...

What a PIA to register to this forum!

Ok... C5400 here and same problem! it is a bit delicate for me since my doorbell is connected to the 2.4ghz and when the modem decided to stop transmitting in that frecuency and important part of the house goes down...

Called customer support and someone who barely speaks english took my case... the person was not trained properly and well it was hard to communicate!

So any updates on this?
Thanks!
JC

That is crap!!

I got here on the same reason as you.
I have a smarthome soulution that runs many devices on 2,4ghz. My SCREENS\door sensors\Garage port opener and alot more...
And now I cant use my house anymore as the 2,4ghz is failing often!!

there is NO SUPPORT!!
And I have been to the store for a return, they only fill out a form and send it in the TP-LINK waiting for a reply that takes forever.

WHY IS THERE NO UPDATE ???

btw, I did update my router some weeks ago, but that only made it worse.
It`s almost impossibel to LOGIN into the Router because it`s so slow. I often need to reboot router manually.
Options
2017-09-30 00:59:01

liteglow wrote

That is crap!!

I got here on the same reason as you.
I have a smarthome soulution that runs many devices on 2,4ghz. My SCREENS\door sensors\Garage port opener and alot more...
And now I cant use my house anymore as the 2,4ghz is failing often!!

there is NO SUPPORT!!
And I have been to the store for a return, they only fill out a form and send it in the TP-LINK waiting for a reply that takes forever.

WHY IS THERE NO UPDATE ???

btw, I did update my router some weeks ago, but that only made it worse.
It`s almost impossibel to LOGIN into the Router because it`s so slow. I often need to reboot router manually.

Same exact thing happened here. Do the smart thing and stick w/ a more trusted brand like netgear/Linksys. I picked up a Netgear X6 has been running strong. Return the TP-Link and don't waste anymore time w/ it.
Options
2017-10-08 03:14:37
2 RMA's from TP-Link still has the same problem and no firmware update after 2 months.

I see from the V1 latest firmware release note "Fixed the bug that SSID may disappear after working for some days", Same problem is happening for V2 on the 2.4 ghz. Can someone from TP-Link take a look at this.
Options
2017-10-10 12:37:59
I think you need to send your issue directly to the support for further troubleshooting now.
Options
2017-10-16 21:36:43
Having a similar issue where I can see the 2.4 GHz network but it has not internet connection. I reset everything back to factory settings and it is still intermittent along with no longer being able to see my 5G_1 channel but the 5G_2 channel is available and working properly.
Options
Same Issue WIth 2.4 GHZ Radio
2017-10-21 13:04:39

Beach wrote

Same exact thing happened here. Do the smart thing and stick w/ a more trusted brand like netgear/Linksys. I picked up a Netgear X6 has been running strong. Return the TP-Link and don't waste anymore time w/ it.

Same here, with the 2.4GHZ radio issue. I spent hours triaging the issue prior to contacting TP-Link support, with no resolution. Finally received an RMA after several email exchanges. A replacement was sent for my C5400 router and I also paid for 2 day expedited shipping. I received a refurbished router and it has a loose part rattling around inside the case. I noticed this before I opened the plastic bag the router was packaged in. Took it out of the bag to see if the lose part or whatever it is would come out through one of the many vent holes. Nothing. Still have the part rattling around making a metallic sound. :mad:

I fear that if I put power to this refurbished router that it will be a safety hazard as the loose part could cause a short resulting in a fire. Reported a new case through the online support request and requested a "new" router and my 2 day shipping fee refunded. I received an email from support without a resolution or RMA.

So I'm spending more time trying to get a new RMA for the replacement sent for the original RMA. All I received is an email saying they use refurbished units as replacements. No RMA has been assigned to this yet.:mad::mad::mad:

I'll be back to report the outcome. Sure wish I researched this brand and model more prior to purchase. If I had seen this thread I would have purchased another brand. :mad:

Anyone know how to escalate and support issue?

This will be my first and last Archer TP-Link product.

I cannot believe this is a sticky thread and the manufacturer is doing nothing to resolve.
Options
2017-10-21 13:07:21
are replies moderated?
Options
2017-12-17 13:35:00
Anyone has any update to this. This is happening with my router too. I got a replacement from TP-LINK and the replacement has the same problem. thanks!
Options