Archer C5400 no 2.4 wifi after couple of days and channel shows as N/A

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Archer C5400 no 2.4 wifi after couple of days and channel shows as N/A

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
134 Reply
Also joined the club!
2018-07-08 05:43:02
Also joined the club!

This is my second C5400 with this fault - now i´ll try the third one - Amazon delivers on monday ........

i´m very frustrated!!!!!!
Options
Update
2018-07-09 22:33:06

cy9394 wrote

I think I am having the similar issue, if not the same. I have firmware version 1.2.2 Build 20170912 rel. 56240. And it is a C5400 ver 2. My iPad Air does not seem to be affected, but my Samsung S9+ keeps getting "Internet not available" after it connects to the router with Internet access for a minute or two. I would have to disconnect and reconnect to the wireless router only to get another minute or two of Internet connection. My laptop is also experiencing the same connection issue. I am suspecting it is due to MU-MIMO feature in the "latest" firmware version?

I sort of figured out what was going on, or at least a workaround to my problem. The problem I saw was that if I run it in Access Point Mode and let my "FiOS modem" does the DHCP, whenever I get out of the range of the 5GHz band, it cannot switch over to the 2.4GHz band, and thus, I lose connection until I manually go to my computer's or phone's setting and reconnect to the router. If I run it in Wireless Router Mode and have this router does the DHCP, it would get confused on who's granting the IP address (whether the router or the modem), therefore, my workaround is that I would have to reboot both the router and the modem pretty much at the same time to clear the IP addresses granted. This works for me until the next power outage...
Options
Requesting a NEW Router
2018-07-10 03:17:06

ksquared wrote

I've joined the club!

I had the 2.4 wifi go out, just prior to the one year warranty ending. So I suppose that is good fortune. TP-Link said they will do the RMA.

The 2.4 GHz still works fine as a wired connection.

So doing the RMA should be good ... but it is my understanding I'll get a re-manufactured router. I bought my router new, as opposed to re-manufactured. I know my router hasn't been sitting in an attic for 11 months prior to being re-manufactured. And maybe the re-manufactured router I'll get was only days old, but I can't tell.

The other factor is that there are three possible bands to use, and only the lowest one is out, and then just the wireless part. I could have potentially gone years using just the 5GHz channels with my router that has been well-cared for.

I just feel I should get a new C5400 to replace this one.

So am I a bit unappreciative? Should I be happy to be getting a remanufactured one?

I went through the same issue and on the second RMA I sent a very polite email to every email address on the support messages and the company's main email address requesting a new router, not a refurbished one. The first refurbished router had a loose screw rattling around inside and this was a safety issue that could have resulted in an electrical short and fire. I never plugged it in. A new in box was sent to replace it. Of course this was a three week process. I can understand the frustration with refurbished devices, but most companies have that option under warranty replacements.

So far, the new router has worked fine.

Good luck!
Options
Re:Archer C5400 no 2.4 wifi after couple of days and channel shows as N/A
2018-07-12 01:26:08
same probleme i lost 2.4 on random time ... i know when people with old device say ... they cant connect anymore ... this rooter its new and .. i think put it in garbage and try a new brand .. because they wont try to correct this bug ... and i have a lot of people with a garmin or old tablet and they complaint everytime about this 2.4 issue
Options
2018-07-12 01:47:51
i just call support line … omg that was a joke ? i tell i have 20 years of experiences and try to debug this .. and make me do thing that are ridiculus so i hangup
Options
2018-07-17 04:12:32
Wrote to TP-Link - asked if anything will happen - because this failure is known longer then one year ... - keep you informed!
Options
2018-07-17 19:14:56
;0)

Can anybody tell me what the button "Chat now" in the contact area of the TP-link homepage is for? Every time i press it the same happens: a new page opens with comment: " Unsere Mitarbeiter sind derzeit nicht erreichbar.." ..... - hmmm?!?!?!

;0)
Options
2018-07-21 00:00:14
Just posting to say after a year and half of ownership, the 2.4ghz network on my c5400 just started randomly disappearing. When that happens I can see the two 5ghz networks but if I try to connect to them I get an invalid pw error. A reboot fixes the issue temporarily. I changed the 2.4 network to channel 1 today so I will post back if that helps. Hoping someone figures out the issue. Will also email customer support but I am guessing they won’t help much since I am out of warranty.
Options
Here I am, let's join the party!
2018-07-31 03:55:01
Hi,

I have the same problem. That's embarassing...
Options
2018-08-13 20:37:58
I talked to support and Have an RMA put in Yes They Have No Issue
Options
Related Articles