Deco and Skybell

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Deco and Skybell

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Deco and Skybell
Deco and Skybell
2017-08-08 23:04:24
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

I recently purchased the Deco home kit with three hubs. I was trying to link my skybell doorbell monitor to it but I wont connect. The skybell can only connect with 2.4gh bands. My question is since the deco connects directly to router and I do not get the option to select whether it uses the 2.4 or 5gh band, how do I know what band it is using? I need it to use the 2.4 for the skybell.
Thanks and I apologize if my response isnt clear!
Options
7 Reply
Re:Deco and Skybell
2017-08-09 09:55:28
Deco support both 2.4G and 5G at the same time. Whether it uses 2.4G or 5G depends on your devices. If your skybell can only support 2.4G, it can find deco's 2.4G as well.
It seems the skybell can find the deco but can't connect to it. You may change the password of deco or ask help from skybell's support.
Options
2017-08-09 22:22:24
I see. OK, I will reach out to skybell. Appreciate the response!
Options
2017-08-10 09:52:52
:DMy pleasure. Any update will be welcomed.
Options
2018-08-03 08:17:23
I have same issue now. Anyone fixed this issue. Skybell support saying Att router must put in bridge mode to connect this. I don't know how to do that? If anyone has clue please share with me.
Options
I found an solution worked for ne
2018-08-17 10:30:31
step 2 (advance setting)worked for me

Step 1:
1. Press your SkyBell button in and hold it for about a minute. The LED will flash (rapid green>red and green>blue>yellow).
2. Once you see the LED flash yellow, please release the SkyBell button.
3. Within a minute, your SkyBell will be flashing red and green.

To Re-Sync the Device once it is flashing red/green:
Note: Please stand near the SkyBell during the syncing process
1. Open the SkyBell HD app and press "Add a SkyBell"
2. Press the green arrow at the bottom 2 times
3. Press the box with an arrow in it and turn "Airplane Mode" on
4. Press the back button
5. Press the box with an arrow in it and turn Wi-Fi on
6. Select the network "SkybellHD_XXXXXXX"
7. Press the back button
8. Press the green arrow at the bottom
9. Select your home Wi-Fi network
10. Press the green arrow at the bottom
11. Enter your home Wi-Fi network password
12. Press the green arrow at the bottom.
13. The app will remind you to turn off "Airplane Mode" but do NOT turn it off until the sync is complete.
14. Your SkyBell should begin changing colors; it should flash Orange, then flash Green/Blue, then finally turn solid Green
15. When the SkyBell is solid green, your sync is complete and you can turn off "Airplane Mode"

Step 2:
******************** If not working above *************************
Once it is flashing red and green, select 'Add a new SkyBell' in your app and follow the on-screen instructions to re-sync
your device until after you have selected your network. When asked to input your password, please select the "Advanced" at the top.

When syncing, you will need to use the advanced options within the SkyBell Application and enter the information below.

It will ask for the following:
Password: This will be your WiFi password
IP Address: (see gateway first) Use the first three numbers from your default gateway and 201 for your 4th number (e.g. if your gateway is 192.168.1.x, use 192.168.1.201)
Subnet Mask: 255.255.255.0
Gateway: Use the number that follows "Default Gateway" on the sticker on your router/extender that you are using to connect the device (e.g. 192.168.1.1)
DNS: 8.8.8.8

I hope this is help!

Chers ...
Options
2018-08-18 09:47:50
Procedure below worked for me

Step 1:
1. Press your SkyBell button in and hold it for about a minute. The LED will flash (rapid green>red and green>blue>yellow).
2. Once you see the LED flash yellow, please release the SkyBell button.
3. Within a minute, your SkyBell will be flashing red and green.

To Re-Sync the Device once it is flashing red/green:
Note: Please stand near the SkyBell during the syncing process
1. Open the SkyBell HD app and press "Add a SkyBell"
2. Press the green arrow at the bottom 2 times
3. Press the box with an arrow in it and turn "Airplane Mode" on
4. Press the back button
5. Press the box with an arrow in it and turn Wi-Fi on
6. Select the network "SkybellHD_XXXXXXX"
7. Press the back button
8. Press the green arrow at the bottom
9. Select your home Wi-Fi network
10. Press the green arrow at the bottom
11. Enter your home Wi-Fi network password
12. Press the green arrow at the bottom.
13. The app will remind you to turn off "Airplane Mode" but do NOT turn it off until the sync is complete.
14. Your SkyBell should begin changing colors; it should flash Orange, then flash Green/Blue, then finally turn solid Green
15. When the SkyBell is solid green, your sync is complete and you can turn off "Airplane Mode"

Step 2:
******************** If not working above *************************
Once it is flashing red and green, select 'Add a new SkyBell' in your app and follow the on-screen instructions to re-sync
your device until after you have selected your network. When asked to input your password, please select the "Advanced" at the top.

When syncing, you will need to use the advanced options within the SkyBell Application and enter the information below.

It will ask for the following:
Password: This will be your WiFi password
IP Address: (see gateway first) Use the first three numbers from your default gateway and 201 for your 4th number (e.g. if your gateway is 192.168.1.x, use 192.168.1.201)
Subnet Mask: 255.255.255.0
Gateway: Use the number that follows "Default Gateway" on the sticker on your router/extender that you are using to connect the device (e.g. 192.168.1.1)
DNS: 8.8.8.8

hope this is help
Options
2018-08-20 15:11:21
yeah its work got really knowledge
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1495

Replies: 7