Mobile app does not work on LTE

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2017-08-10 23:38:34
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Using the mobile app when on the road I am not able to connect remotely to manage the system unless I am connected to wifi somewhere. When I try to connect over LTE I receive an error "Failed to connect to TP-Link cloud please check your wi-fi or mobile data connection.
Options
23 Reply
Re:Mobile app does not work on LTE
2017-08-11 10:11:51
Can you provide more details?
Update the deco APP version and deco firmware to the latest one, as well as the IOS version or Android version.
Can other APP work over LTE network? Who is your LTE provider? What's the brand and model number of your phone?
Please try to access www.tplinkcloud.com on your phone with LET network as well. And tell us the result.
If it is possible, please provide us your TP-Link ID. We can have a check on our cloud server.

Thanks.
Options
2017-08-12 02:38:52

TP-Admin wrote

Can you provide more details?
Update the deco APP version and deco firmware to the latest one, as well as the IOS version or Android version.
Can other APP work over LTE network? Who is your LTE provider? What's the brand and model number of your phone?
Please try to access www.tplinkcloud.com on your phone with LET network as well. And tell us the result.
If it is possible, please provide us your TP-Link ID. We can have a check on our cloud server.

Thanks.

The deco app is the latest that is available from the iOS app store 1.2.9 and all other apps work fine over LTE. My provider is T-Mobile and I have an iPhone 7 plus running 10.3.3i can access tplinkcloud.com from my phone but do not have a login as I have never registered through that site as it looks to be for cameras only. my tplink id is smejico_iii

Update I am able to login to the tplincloud.com with my username and password from my phone over LTE
Options
2017-08-14 11:37:28
Do you have a DNS lookup APP on your iphone? if you have one, try to lookup "wap-gw.tplinkcloud.com" over LTE, check if it can be resolved. "wap-gw.tplinkcloud.com" is the DNS of cloud server for our Deco APP
Options
2017-08-14 17:15:57
Thank you very much for your detail information.
Did you send us an email through support@tp-link.com? We have received a same feedback today.
A new firmware was just released. Please have a try first.
New Firmware
Options
2017-08-15 00:26:08

gongmeiyan wrote

Do you have a DNS lookup APP on your iphone? if you have one, try to lookup "wap-gw.tplinkcloud.com" over LTE, check if it can be resolved. "wap-gw.tplinkcloud.com" is the DNS of cloud server for our Deco APP
Ok installed DNS Lookup app on my iPhone and over LTE wap-gw.tplinkcloud.com Was able to be resolved.
File:
IMG_0943.jpgDownload
Options
2017-08-15 00:27:43

TP-Admin wrote

Thank you very much for your detail information.
Did you send us an email through [EMAIL="support@tp-link.com"]support@tp-link.com[/EMAIL]? We have received a same feedback today.
A new firmware was just released. Please have a try first.
New Firmware

My Deco system has the latest firmware installed thank you I updated last night. This issue seems to be with the mobile app and my provider T-Mobile.
Options
2017-08-15 16:14:11
Is you issue resolved now?
Options
2017-08-15 16:38:19
Does it happen all the time that APP cannot login on LTE and prompt "Failed to connect to TP-Link cloud please check your wi-fi or mobile data connection"? You can goto WLAN>APPs Using WLAN & Celluar>Deco, check if it has authority of WLAN & Celluar.
Options
2017-08-15 16:41:53
Can you provide your TP-Link ID for us? We will check this issue

smejicoiii wrote

Ok installed DNS Lookup app on my iPhone and over LTE wap-gw.tplinkcloud.com Was able to be resolved.
Options
2017-08-15 23:26:21
Ok so the issue still exist the app has permission to use cellular data. I ran a trace route using WiFi and LTE and will attach the results. My tplink id is smejico_iii@hotmail.com. The trace routes show that it seems to be a cellular network routing issue.
Trace route over LTE...

Trace route over Wifi...

Options