Switching between wired-wireless on C1900

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2017-08-12 06:06:32
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

I have a couple of Foscam IP cameras that I need to upgrade their firmware which needs to be done through a wired connection. The cameras work fine on wifi and receive their addresses via DHCP where I have reserved addresses. When I switch the connection to a wired one and reboot the cameras they are no longer able to connect. The router does not show that they are connected. It is as if they are not getting an address. I can switch them back to wireless and they work fine. Any ideas? Thanks in advance.
Options
2 Reply
Re:Switching between wired-wireless on C1900
2017-08-14 14:37:23
Check the Lan port on the router with a PC or other device.
Check the Lan light when the camera is plugged into the router with a cable. The corresponding Lan light should be on.
Perhaps the Ethernet part of the camera has been setup with a static IP address with a different subnet different from the router's IP address.
That will be the reason for no data communication with hardware detected.
Or you may try to setup a static IP address for the camera if the camera's IP address is set to dynamic IP before.
Options
Re:Switching between wired-wireless on C1900
2017-08-25 09:32:24
I found a work-around by borrowing my friend's old Linksys router and updated by cameras. This is definitely a bug in the C9 firmware:

Firmware Version:
3.17.0 Build 20151009 Rel.61423n
Hardware Version: ArcherC1900 v1

I seems that if a reserved IP address is doled out by DHCP on a wireless connection then that same IP cannot later be used on a wired connection - even if the router is rebooted.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 323

Replies: 2

Related Articles