Archer C7 is being crashed by Samsung Galaxy Book

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2017-08-13 21:54:22
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hardware: Archer C7(US)3.0

Firmware: Archer C7 V3 150508 US

Hello, my wireless router is stable until I turn on my Samsung Galaxy Book ( http://www.samsung.com/us/mobile/tablets/galaxy-book/galaxy-book-10-6--windows-2-in-1-pc--wi-fi---silver-sm-w620nzkaxar). And as long as the Galaxy Book is on my wireless router crashes on a regular basis, and when I turn the Galaxy Book off, my wireless router is stable again. The list of items on my wireless network are a Canon MX922 wireless printer, 3 Roku devices, 2 PC's, a Toshiba laptop, 2 Samsung Galaxy S6 phones, a Galaxy Tab S2, and a Samsung Galaxy Book. Would anyone have any recommendations how to fix this issue? Any help with this would be greatly appreciated.
Options
10 Reply
Re:Archer C7 is being crashed by Samsung Galaxy Book
2017-08-14 15:35:26
It should be a compatible issue between the laptop and the router.
Here is a beta firmware to solve the compatible issue between killer adapter and Archer C7 V3. You can have a try.
http://static.tp-link.com/ArcherC7v3_en_up.zip
Options
2017-08-15 21:31:31
I gave it a good try but it didn't work. The wireless adapter in the Galaxy Book is a Qualcomm Atheros QCA61x4A if that will help any.
Options
2017-08-15 21:59:28
I have given it a good try but it didn’t work. My wirelessadapter is a Qualcomm Atheros QCA61x4A if this will help any.
Options
2017-08-16 09:52:46
You may have a try to change the channel, channel width on the router, as well as the security type.
For example, change the channel to 1, channel width to 20MHz or 40MHz, and the security type to WPA2-PSK with AES.
By the way, if you only connect Samsung Galaxy Book to the router, will the router crash?

Options
2017-08-24 23:07:40
Ok, did everything stated as above and the Galaxy Book still crashes the router. I wondering if I should just return the Galaxy Book. If it's doing this to my network, what is it going to do to on other networks when I am traveling?
Options
2017-08-25 13:36:54
please report to tplink support, told them the beta doesn't fix the problem. support@tp-link.com
Options
2017-09-10 09:12:10
Emailed support and no word from them so far. But decided to preplace the C7 with a C9. I'm thinking the router must have had an issue. Things are all good with the C9.
Options
2018-02-23 04:47:30
Did support ever get back to you on this? I have the EXACT same issue.
Options
2018-02-23 04:53:42
I realize this is an old post, but did support ever get back to you? I have the exact same issue with my Samsung Book. Been going on since I got it. It does not crash other routers, however.
Options
2018-02-24 12:28:13
I never got any response about the C7 crashing with the Samsung Book. Nor any response from Samsung. The Samsung Book seems to be very picky about what router it connects to. I took it to a friends house the other day and they have a typical router from Qwest and I crashed it. I felt so bad. I had to convince them that I was the reason for their WiFi crashing and that all they had to do is restart their router....after I turned off my Samsung Book. I have the newer Archer C9 in my home and have no issues what so ever.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1078

Replies: 10