Archer c50 v2 WDS help

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Archer c50 v2 WDS help

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Archer c50 v2 WDS help
Archer c50 v2 WDS help
2017-08-24 09:02:46
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

I have an Archer c50 v2. I am attempting to set it up as a repeater using WDS. I have followed the instructions listed in the user manual, however I am not having success. I was able to set the router up as it was plugged in to my network. As soon as I unplug the network cable from the router, I lose the connection on the router. The WAN IP is set to dynamic. If I leave this, I lose the ability to connect to the router once WDS is set up and DHCP is turned off. Any additional information on how this is supposed to be set up would be appreciated. Thanks.
Options
1 Reply
Re:Archer c50 v2 WDS help
2017-08-24 10:39:27
Hi,
You can refer to the FAQ: http://www.tp-link.com/us/faq-1084.html.
During the setup process, it's suggested to disconnect the main router and C50, and it's better to change the LAN IP of C50 to the same subnet as your main router, like the Step 4 in the FAQ above, then you can access to the C50's setup page more easily after WDS. You can change the LAN IP first, then enable WDS->turn off DHCP->Reboot the router.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 670

Replies: 1

Related Articles