Cannot access GUI wired, only wirelessly

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2017-08-25 02:17:26
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Strange problem...

I have a WR841ND (v.9) Router serving as DHCP server for both my home and office, connected to the Internet and to other wired devices including my computer (192.168.1.1/255.255.255.0), my main router.

I am using port 4 to connect to a WD801ND WAP. This device is setup with a static IP, 192.168.1.199/255.255.255.0 as an AP providing wireless signal to another WD801ND WAP, static IP 192.168.1.198/255.255.255.0 which is setup as a Bridge with AP, which provides wifi service to my office across the parking lot from my home. I also have two wireless routers setup as AP's in my office building, using static ips, and one being on it's own subnet and ip range (for public use).

Everything works great. I'm actually surprised at the quality of signal and the speed I get in my office which is nearly 70' from the AP in my home.

HOWEVER, here is a strange problem I can't seem to get a handle on:

When using the wireless service which my main router provides to my house (the WR841ND), I can administrate both WD801ND APs (the one in my house and the one on my office) using the web GUI. I can also access the printers and other devices in my office this way as if they're part of the network. BUT from my house, I CANNOT access ANYTHING on the office side of things through a WIRED connection to my main router. So my home computer doesn't see the printers in my office, can't get onto the GUI for the AP's, etc.

YET, the computers in my office CAN access both the APs' and the router's GUI, see the computers and printer in my home, etc. be they wired or wirelessly connected. Though the AP in my house has its SSID hidden (since it's only supposed to connect to the AP in my office via wifi), when I connect to it wirelessly with my laptop, not only do I see the network resources in my house, but I also see them in my office. This is true for either the AP in my house or the AP in my office.

I've checked all my cables and terminations for correct wiring, I've tried different ports on the router, I've done everything I know to do to make this all work, but still I can't seem to access any of my office resources from my house when I plug in a computer or laptop to the main router. Yet Internet is working fine everywhere, speed is great, and I CAN access home resources from the office.

This HAS to be a setting in the router. What would block the wire-connected devices connected to the router from accessing the wired or wireless resources in my office, but not block the wired or wireless devices in my office -- or wireless devices in my home on the router's wifi service??

Any help would be GREAT! I'd love to be able to print from my home PC to my office printer.

Oh, one more thing: My home PC DOES see the office printer, but when it tries to install it, it errors out and says that it cannot communicate with the printer. When I try to ping that printer, ping fails unreachable. When I try to ping the AP on house side, ping fails (unless I'm wireless).
Options
2 Reply
Re:Cannot access GUI wired, only wirelessly
2017-08-25 14:18:34
ping the gateway on your computer. or check it on your computer, whether it's the LAN IP address of the main router. do you have other computer that has the same issue?
Options
fixed
2017-08-26 00:07:42
Ultimately I had to remove the DDWRT firmware and revert to the TP-Link firmware. After doing this and setting up the router, everything now works as expected.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 536

Replies: 2

Related Articles